No announcement yet.

Pacquiao-Algieri Prefight & Postfight discussion & analysis thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Promoter Artie Pelullo, who co-promotes WBO junior welterweight champion Chris Algieri (20-0, 8KOs), has confirmed to BoxingScene.com that a deal was reached with Bob Arum of Top Rank for his boxer to challenge Manny Pacquiao (56-5-2, 38KOs) for the WBO welterweight crown on November 22nd at the Venetian in Macau, China. HBO Pay-Per-View will carry the fight.

Algieri became a frontrunner for Pacquiao when he scored an unexpected twelve round split decision victory over the heavily favored Ruslan Provodnikov last month at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Man, people hate Floyd and broner, but at least they fight the best. Broner didn't have to fight maidana but he did. Once he lost, exercised His rematch clause immediately. Floyd keeps fighting guys coming off big victories. Pac keeps fighting dudes coming off loses or dudes that don't deserve like algeri. No disrespect, algeri Is tough for anyone, but not deserving of facing pac. Look at all the obstacles guys like Thurman and porter are going thru hoping to land a fight worry Floyd, while pac is on the other side handing out gimmes. I rather see him retire

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Prove my analysis wrong.

I am being fair, is it ppv worthy hell no, I agree with that.

But prove me wrong that Chris is not a stylistic nightmare for Manny, most people on here say Pac cannot handle guys who move, just look at the mosley fight, Pac couldn't close the gap.

Chris is a bad match up, this is a high risk fight.

I would give Floyd props if he fought Chris or Bradley over Maidana, I am 100 percent serious, we haven't seen Floyd in with a fast mover with stamina. he mainly fights flat foot tailormade guys.

Comment

What an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE! Top Rank should hold their heads in shame, the boxing public has been ROBBED! Not watching this junk, shame on Manny for taking the fight, shame on Bob Arum. This is a joke OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brickyardigan View Post
          So you are upset with my comment you give me a red bar?

It's not going to stop your butt hurt, idiot.
          Pay no mind to them. They're kinda sore over this fight so that's why they're writing novels to defend it.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            Chris is a live dog, he just pulled off one of the biggest upsets dont you ever INSULT a fighter he showed his heart and determination he is no bum thati s for sure he beat one of the most feared men in Ruslan, many wanted Ruslan to fight Pac but Pac is fighting a WINNER instead many of you said he only fights guys coming off of losses, well he is fighting a guy coming off a huge win, so in actuality you floyd fanboys aka Pac haters have no room to talk he is fighting someone that you guys say he never would, he is a stylistic nightmare for pac, study it, he isnt a big name but he presents a style problem he is tall and moves and boxers off the back foot.

Not tailormade like Maidana, if Floyd fought Crhis Algieri over Maidana I would give him props, I want to see Floyd fight someone with speed, someone slick and is not flat footeda nd moves a lot with stamina.

he mostly fights guys like Canelo, Guerrero, Maidana.
            chris is coming off a win !!!
            he beat a guy at 140lb ?????
            there is only 1 live dog on his resume and bob wants to sell this as a ppv main event ???
            PLEASE.........
            there are heaps of better fights for pac now bob and oscar are going to work together

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              Prove my analysis wrong.

I am being fair, is it ppv worthy hell no, I agree with that.

But prove me wrong that Chris is not a stylistic nightmare for Manny, most people on here say Pac cannot handle guys who move, just look at the mosley fight, Pac couldn't close the gap.

Chris is a bad match up, this is a high risk fight.

I would give Floyd props if he fought Chris or Bradley over Maidana, I am 100 percent serious, we haven't seen Floyd in with a fast mover with stamina. he mainly fights flat foot tailormade guys.
              Prove what wrong? How Rios KO'ed Manny with a jab? You're a ****ing joke

Comment

just awful!! sadly this will be the first boxing ppv i will stream!

Comment

This is a crap fight... Bob knows it.

Hope he puts a somewhat decent undercard on...but he knows this is a throwaway fight not really meant to be sold in the U.S.... just a catapult for his Chinese PPV project when Zou shiming gets some random title shot, most likely with the WBA.

They better market the hell out of Algieri....i'm only buying it for a Pino party....
                  If my friends/fam all said they didn't want to watch it, I"d stream the ish out of it

Comment

Why couldn't Arum just try to make Pac vs Thurman

Well of course Haymon wouldn't like it because that would be for Thurman's WBA paper strap, making Pac a legit mandatory to Money.

Comment

Originally posted by Brickyardigan View Post
                      So you are upset with my comment you give me a red bar?

It's not going to stop your butt hurt, idiot.
                      stop crying

Comment

Working...
                      X