Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Martinez at 154 : who you got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    Who you got in this fight and why?

Martinez is at his best, when he's fighting someone he REALLY wants to fight. People thought Floyd would beat him based off the macklin fight. Sergio barely tried. Against Chavez, he was basically in his prime and his range is beyond extraodinary. If a slow cotto can Touch Floyd, a big, fast southpaw like Martinez will kill em. Cotto touched Floyd with slow jabs and hooks to the body. Martinez has a GREAT arsenal, I even think his jab doubles, tripples, and quadripples with so much sharpness, he will tare Floyd's azz up. I think he can knock Floyd down with a jab. But remember Cotto touched Floyd with left hands, and Martinez has them for days.

Comment

If you had included a 'too close to call' option I would have chosen that.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
        If you had included a 'too close to call' option I would have chosen that.
        no pansy options allowed.

Comment

I believe Martinez would just outwork Floyd in a very close fight.

Comment

martinez, either by SD or MD. martinez has shown the ability to take control of the ring and has terrific offense. he would have mayweather backing up the whole fight and hide behind that shell defense of his especially now when mayweather is showing signs of slowing down. mayweather also has shown that southpaws might be the weakness of his shoulder roll defense.

Comment

If Sergio not weight drained, wins easily. This ain't happenening.

Comment

I would have to go with Martinez by Ko.

Comment

floyd win at either weight. you dont beat pbf with your hands down. how does sergio beat guys? he uses speed and footwork and boxing. you really see him outboxing floyd or using speed? no just no lol. and the fight would happen at 154 anyways floyd has all the power at the negotiating table. martinez would take 154 in a heartbeat. most guys dont fight mayweather b/c they think they will win, as bad as that is to say. they do it for the payday. sergio makes more in that one fight than any other 4 fights he could take.

Comment

Let's measure each guys strengths if they were to fight at 154.

Size: Martinez

Power: Martinez

Speed: Even

Defense: Mayweather

Endurance: Mayweather (I've seen Martinez tire but have never seen Mayweather tire)

Ring I.Q.: Mayweather

Holy crap! After measuring the intangibles maybe Mayweather does win, even though I originally gave the edge to Sergio. Sergio has nothing on Mayweather except for size and power.

Comment

it would be close. but a healthy martinez has a great chance to KO floyd.. nice speed and good size to handle for floyd. No way in hell floyd will fight the way he fought cotto, he'd get KO bad.. he needs more movement than martinez does.

Comment

Working...
                      X