No announcement yet.

number of weight reps for bulking up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trrmo View Post
    Listen to this guy he knows what he is talking about.

The fact is doesnt really matter if you are doing 5 reps or 12 reps to bulk you need to eat over maintenance level. For most it is not the amount of reps you are doing that is limiting your growth, it is inconsistency, expecting too much too soon. You eat right, train hard with enough rest, and are able to gradually lift more and more you will gain, regardless of reps (within 5-12 rep range at least)

Too many people new to weight training obsess over little things like bicep peaks and isolation movements, or special supplements when all they need to be doing is basic compound lifts, eating well with sufficient protein (about 1gm per pound you weigh), carbs and fat, resting and sticking to it.

The info is out there, I wish it was when I started training.
    yeah, bodybuilders eat protein six times a day to build muscle mass, usually in 30 grams at a time because that's the most the body can absorb at once

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
      yeah, bodybuilders eat protein six times a day to build muscle mass, usually in 30 grams at a time because that's the most the body can absorb at once
      There are some misconceptions here, 30 gms is not set in stone. Think about it, would someone who weighs 140 pounds at 10% bodyfat absorb the same as a 220 pound guy with 10% bf?

And what if the 220 pound guy had 40% bodyfat, should he consume the same amount of protein as a 220 pound guy with 8% bf?

There are quite a few variables here, I said about 1 gm per pound of bodyweight, but you need to take in mind activity level, bf % and individual differences.

Comment

Working...
      X