Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Pro Athlete is more physically fit and trains harder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lords is a special kind of ******. Boxers by a mile. They are the most well conditioned athletes in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomachenko View Post
      Well in another thread this guy seems to differ. Look WTF he said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...9#post16022149 post# 19
      Where in my post did I say NBA players "train harder"? Boxers train 2-3 months for one fight while NBA players train for 60+ games, its a fact. Were talking about who is more athletically tuned not who trains harder and IMO an NBA player takes the seat. "show me any boxer that is 6'8 250lbs, runs a 4.5 40 with a 40+ inch vertical leap," Calabis. Can you even read?
      Last edited by Lords; 09-07-2015, 05:18 AM.

Comment

I voted basketball for the lulz.

Comment

Anyone ever notice that boxers play basketball to relax and basketball players hit the boxing gym to train hard, just something I noticed.

Comment

Basketball players stay in shape year round. Boxers while they do intensive training while in camp don't train as much when not preparing for a fight and gain weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
              Where in my post did I say NBA players "train harder"? Boxers train 2-3 months for one fight while NBA players train for 60+ games, its a fact. Were talking about who is more athletically tuned not who trains harder and IMO an NBA player takes the seat. "show me any boxer that is 6'8 250lbs, runs a 4.5 40 with a 40+ inch vertical leap," Calabis. Can you even read?
              Dont go in damage control now you dumb turd. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Last Round Baby View Post
                LOL. Jarryd Hayne is showing exactly how ordinary all the NFL players are as athletes.

If you did it, then your argument might hold some weight.

Comment

I'd argue that as a whole the NBA guys are the more freakishly athletic. Boxing is more on the endurance end of the spectrum while basketball is more short burst athleticism. The boxers are obviously more durable and have better endurance, it also requires insane types of mental discipline. Additionally, while there is no doubt that boxers train harder just by the nature of the sport...the amount of hours guys spend in the gym working on their shots would outnumber the amount of time boxers spend in the gym by quite a lot.

As for the who is more physically fit? Who are the most out of shape basketball players in recent memory? Glen Davis, late-30s Shaq, 42 year old Patrick Ewing drenched in sweat by the middle of the first? Compare that to boxing where three-fourths of the cruiser and heavy divisions are jiggling away. You even see guys around 160 and 168 looking fat as hell sometimes. I'd say that to compete at the NBA level, what the athletic trainers will have those guys doing makes them more physically fit. These kids come out of college as twigs and by their sop****re years in the NBA they've put 20 pounds of muscle on.

Just a really bad comparison to begin with. Two entirely different types of demanding sports in terms of training time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomachenko View Post
                    Pro Boxer or Pro Basketball Player?
                    Is this a serious question? A boxer is more physically fit....their bodies are trained for trauma.

Comment

mayweather

Comment

Working...
                      X