Manga Readers/Fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    Oh god....

And I totally agree with the time/schedule part.
    that's why i love adachi mitsuru because he is one of the few manga artist who who didn't betray his characters, many fans always complain about the ending of his manga. Many of his series end with the two leads still not explicitly stating their feelings, choosing to hold hands, or having a kiss silhouetted. It's meant to be a peaceful ending showing that life goes on, and certainly the romantic entanglements always seem to be resolved by the end but many fans tend to be dissatisfied at the lack of a final explicit resolution. But for me his ending always gold

mainly He writes sports mangas with romance element. And in general, baseball mangas are his specialty there's always strong family element in his stories, with fathers, mothers and siblings playing important roles.

The guy is genius with his humor, The way he makes everyday life interesting and his use of "empty" panels with no dialogue for several pages are unparalleled imo. Plus the way he breaks the 4th wall and his self deprecating humour is great.

for me His best work iare H2 and nidji iro togarashi but if you want a taste of his greatness just read Crossgame volume 1, after reading just that 1 volume you will know why many critics called Adachi mitsuru "the greatest pure storyteller"

Comment

• Originally posted by CounterPunching View Post
      You guys should check out manwha too.. Basically Korean manga.

I've actually been reading them more than manga lately. Some good ones are: Noblesse, The Gamer, Lookism and Tower of God.
      manhwa is good but many of the plot and art style is still too mainstream, but it understable they still young need to appeal to general reader.

Comment

• About to finish Stein's gate... love it. Rocky start that ties up in the end.
        Also, gonna read erased.... I don't want to have a heart attack every week.

Originally posted by CounTaLL View Post
        that's why i love adachi mitsuru because he is one of the few manga artist who who didn't betray his characters, many fans always complain about the ending of his manga. Many of his series end with the two leads still not explicitly stating their feelings, choosing to hold hands, or having a kiss silhouetted. It's meant to be a peaceful ending showing that life goes on, and certainly the romantic entanglements always seem to be resolved by the end but many fans tend to be dissatisfied at the lack of a final explicit resolution. But for me his ending always gold

mainly He writes sports mangas with romance element. And in general, baseball mangas are his specialty there's always strong family element in his stories, with fathers, mothers and siblings playing important roles.

The guy is genius with his humor, The way he makes everyday life interesting and his use of "empty" panels with no dialogue for several pages are unparalleled imo. Plus the way he breaks the 4th wall and his self deprecating humour is great.

for me His best work iare H2 and nidji iro togarashi but if you want a taste of his greatness just read Crossgame volume 1, after reading just that 1 volume you will know why many critics called Adachi mitsuru "the greatest pure storyteller"
        I will be looking up his stuff for later... been on an anime kick lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
          About to finish Stein's gate... love it. Rocky start that ties up in the end.
          Also, gonna read erased.... I don't want to have a heart attack every week.

I will be looking up his stuff for later... been on an anime kick lately.
          you should, he really is legendary.

btw The poster "counTaLL" is my alt

Comment

• This thread is sad, you anime dorks need to grow up and become respectable adults, like myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monaco View Post
              This thread is sad, you anime dorks need to grow up and become respectable adults, like myself.
              can't get enough of Loli p.ussy, if i act my desire in real life i'll end up getting sodomized in prison.

so i'll stick with wanking to dem cartoon

Comment

• Originally posted by betmen View Post
                can't get enough of Loli p.ussy, if i act my desire in real life i'll end up getting sodomized in prison.

so i'll stick with wanking to dem cartoon
                Fucking legendary reply.

Comment

• okay then, reccomendation for today is Spice & Wolf by Isuna Hasekura

From mangaupdates:
                  The life of a traveling merchant is a lonely one, a fact with which Kraft Lawrence is well acquainted. Wandering from town to town with just his horse, cart, and whatever wares have come his way, the peddler has pretty well settled into his routine—that is, until the night Lawrence finds a wolf goddess asleep in his cart. Taking the form of a fetching girl with wolf ears and a tail, Holo has wearied of tending to harvests in the countryside and strikes up a bargain with the merchant to lend him the cunning of “Holo the Wisewolf” to increase his profits in exchange for taking her along on his travels. What kind of businessman could turn down such an offer? Lawrence soon learns, though, that having an ancient goddess as a traveling companion can be a bit of a mixed blessing. Will this wolf girl turn out to be too wild to tame?
                  enjoy the well-written, entertaining and tense though slow-paced, romance between two fantastic leads and anyone that understands what it means to be lonely will find in this series something that resonates.

I have so much pleasure reading this series not only because the unique story line about bussines 101 in medieval world also because i found my new favourite pair of main characters.

The relationship between Lawrence and Holo is the core of this entire series, as the majority of our time is spent with just these two characters, and the series benefits greatly because of it. The single strongest aspect of these volumes is the conversations and interactions of our two leads, and Isuna Hasekura’s writing ability really shines through at these points as even many-page explanations of economics are both engaging and enjoyable.

not only that i also enjoy the journey of Holo and lawrence takes place in a different town as Lawrence and Holo make their way further and further North, so we are forced to bid farewell to the other characters we meet along the way. However this is not a detriment, as the focus of the series stays with our traveling companions. What other characters we do get to so briefly interact with are memorable and nuanced, from the Shepherdess Norah to the alchemist Diana to the merchant Eve, and each is given their time to shine and add greater depth to a fascinating world.

For you who dont want to read the light novel, there are anime series for 3 season. unfortunately as usual i didn't watch the anime but i read a lot of satisfying review abot them
                  Last edited by betmen; 02-08-2016, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• I'm still reading through Terra Formars. Although it is entertaining, I find that it is too much non-stop action and not enough character and story development. And the state at which the Terra Formers evolve and replicate is just too overwhelmingly convenient. I feel like this manga could have been a lot better if it just slowed down some and created more of a suspense thriller, instead of non-stop action.

Comment

• Originally posted by betmen View Post
                      okay then, reccomendation for today is Spice & Wolf by Isuna Hasekura

From mangaupdates:

enjoy the well-written, entertaining and tense though slow-paced, romance between two fantastic leads and anyone that understands what it means to be lonely will find in this series something that resonates.

I have so much pleasure reading this series not only because the unique story line about bussines 101 in medieval world also because i found my new favourite pair of main characters.

The relationship between Lawrence and Holo is the core of this entire series, as the majority of our time is spent with just these two characters, and the series benefits greatly because of it. The single strongest aspect of these volumes is the conversations and interactions of our two leads, and Isuna Hasekura’s writing ability really shines through at these points as even many-page explanations of economics are both engaging and enjoyable.

not only that i also enjoy the journey of Holo and lawrence takes place in a different town as Lawrence and Holo make their way further and further North, so we are forced to bid farewell to the other characters we meet along the way. However this is not a detriment, as the focus of the series stays with our traveling companions. What other characters we do get to so briefly interact with are memorable and nuanced, from the Shepherdess Norah to the alchemist Diana to the merchant Eve, and each is given their time to shine and add greater depth to a fascinating world.

For you who dont want to read the light novel, there are anime series for 3 season. unfortunately as usual i didn't watch the anime but i read a lot of satisfying review abot them
                      Heard great things about this... but i'm saving it off. Heard they greenlight a prequel or something for the series...heard it never truly finished the series either... so I guess I'm going to be getting the LN's for this.

I'm going to watch it at some point.. but feeling like I should read the LN's first

Comment

Working...
                      X