No announcement yet.

Cuts caused by headbutts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuts caused by headbutts

If a referee spots and recognises a cut caused by headbutt accidentally or intentionally do you think it would be better if the ref calls time and allows the corner to treat the fighter?

This is the MMA rule:

NAC 467.7966 Fouls: Accidental. (NRS 467.030)
    1. If a contest or exhibition of mixed martial arts is stopped because of an accidental foul, the referee shall determine whether the unarmed combatant who has been fouled can continue or not. If the unarmed combatant’s chance of winning has not been seriously jeopardized as a result of the foul and if the foul did not involve a concussive impact to the head of the unarmed combatant who has been fouled, the referee may order the contest or exhibition continued after a recuperative interval of not more than 5 minutes. Immediately after separating the unarmed combatants, the referee shall inform the Commission’s representative of his determination that the foul was accidental.

Their rule includes 5 mins recuperation for butt and low blow.
    I couldn't find the nsac rule for boxing but I'd like to see a corner allowed to treat a cut properly if it was caused by a butt.

Poll coming soon.
    Yes
    42.86%
    No
    42.86%
    View Comment
    14.29%

i think yes they should be given treatment straight away

Comment

Working...
    X