No announcement yet.

Where is Martin Rogan ??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Martin Rogan ??

he nearly took part in Prizefighter International in May but pulled out as he felt he wouldnt be 100% ready to give a full account of himself and didnt want to let down his travelling fanbase. He said he would fight in the summer instead and still no sign of a fight. I really want him to fight again soon, he could even be on the undercard of any local big fights, eg' the next McCloskey or Perez fights, he would still attract huge crowds.

i reckon hes got 3 good fights in him left

no idea but ill be tuning in when he fights again. me and another poster were saying that after Rogie gets a few rounds under his belt him and Perez would be a good scrap.

Comment

Been wondering the same thing myself, Rogie needs to get active again and get some rounds in he's no spring chicken

Comment

I thought someone said he was gonna fight Helenius?

Or has that gone now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
          I thought someone said he was gonna fight Helenius?

Or has that gone now.
          thats the first i heard of it, but after a google apparently he's the mandatory so the fight should happen.

only seen Helenius once, wasnt impressed but he's meant to be pretty good so if the fight gets made ill have to watch a few more of his recent fights.

Comment

its going to purse bids (again)

http://www.irish-boxing.com/stories/...an_chance.html

Iron Man Rogan is still in line to become Ireland’s EU title hero after it was revealed he remains on course for a dream continental clash with Robert ‘Nightmare’ Helenius.

Fears Rogan’s chance to re-gatecrash the big time had passed, surfaced when neither Suaderland promotions nor a promoter on the Belfast man’s behalf lodged a purse bid to promote the fight before on by the May 26 deadline.

However, both Sauderland promotions and the EBU confirmed yesterday that the fight looks set to go ahead but at a later date. A new purse bid date has been set and both parties have until June 14 to reach an agreement. The EBU also confirmed that the inaugural Prizefighter winner and former Commonwealth title holder is still mandatory challenger for world number 2 Helenius’ title.

As a result if the Finn decides to vacate the Entertainer will still get a chance at European glory.

“Helenius is still champion and Martin Rogan is still the official challenger. We did not receive any bid at the first call for the purse offers last week. Now we must wait until next 14th June at 12noon for a new bid to see when and where the fight will be held,” an EBU official told www.irish-boxing.com before a Sauderland representative confirmed Rogan is in their sights.

“A new purse bid has been scheduled for this fight. Martin Rogan is in our plans.”

Comment

cheers gingeralbino

but boxrec.com have Helenius fighting on the 16th July v Liakhovich ????
              Last edited by weltercelt; 06-10-2011, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X