Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cotto would've kept his composure and kept doing what he was doing in the first

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    He started the first round really well, when he outboxing Pacquiao, snapping his head back with that jab.

His problem came when he took a crude approach and tried muscling him out of the fight. In doing that he left himself open when Pacquioa kinda pulled away. Unfortunately he got knocked down which made him want to establish himself more, then he got knocked down and hurt.

The second knock down ended the fight. It's not in the least bit shameful in my eyes, if you've been in a fight before you will realise how one punch can make your night very long. It can kill your momentum.

Call me foolish but if Cotto were to have a rematch with Pacquiao I think it would be more competitive than the fight that just passed.
    Wow bro , You know I made a thread about how Cotto had the tools necessary to beat Pac and everybody started calling me names and saying **** , but U actually see what I saw , Cotto did very well and then tried to take over the fight in just 2 rounds , He had the fight , He needed to stay away from his brawling ways , and he needed to box with patience and being smart just like he did in the first. Some people say Pac was testing waters , **** off with that ****. Cotto could have kept snapping Mannys head back all night long , but he got cocky and thought he intimidated Manny. He tried to take control of the fight very early , very dumb. But I agree , In a second match , with a better trainer. Cotto could pull the upset. And Manny knows this , Im sure that deep inside Manny was glad Cotto tried to outland him in an exchange , Pac knows that if Cotto would have kept the fight the same way , He would have been in trouble , Like I said , pac is faster , but u cant hit , where u cant land. Just imagine Cotto using a defense like Winky or Clottey , Jabin and countering smart. Pac wouldnt stand a chance. He wouldnt be able to land as much as he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
      I agree, Cotto was overconfident in thinking he could muscle Manny around. Maybe he felt the first round was too easy, not really sure. For some reason, he stopped doing what worked so well against Mosley and what he did in the first round. Maybe it was the trainer, because once Cotto got Manny on the ropes, he started to go a little crazy with the combo's that's when Manny stepped back and got him with that perfect uppercut. I had Cotto winning the 1st 3rd and 4th up till that point, but it was all downhill from there. I was one who thought he should have overwhelmed Manny but that's what got him in trouble, he was doing far better staying in the middle of the ring and boxing him.
      Wrong, wrong, wrong.....

An overconfident fighter comes forward without regard. Cotto had his hands up,was throwing the jab and doing well until Manny got inot rhythm and his speed overwhelmed Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by BOX-A-LOT View Post
        ....two rounds. I think he may have had a decent shot at an upset, hmm.

Things went downhill for Miguel in the 3rd round, where he got kd'd. It's like the famous Mike Tyson quote, "Everyone has a plan, until they get hit". Well, Miguel got rocked. And from there, he forgot about the jab.

Cotto decided to go for broke in the third and just tried to come at PAC from then on and paid a severe beating for it.
        it doesn't matter what cotto does, he will get stomped by pac everytime. the fight was total domination by pac... cotto couldn't have gotten more than 3 rounds max.

Comment

Originally posted by PAKYO View Post
          Very good observation...NOT!!!!

How can Cotto neutralize Pac's speed in the first round when Pac wasn't showing up his tempo yet?

It was only during the 2nd round when Pac started his tempo forcing Cotto to up his pace and paid for it dearly in the 3rd and 4th round. From that time the 2nd KD was made, i was already 100% sure i'm going to collect as I can see in the eyes of Cotto a stunned man who never expected something like that to happen to him from a smaller guy.

No matter what Cotto did that night, or even if he has a good strategist on that corner, he will still loss. Pac's just too much for him he may be able to fight until the 12th but he ain't going to win. The only thing that would be if he has a good corner that time would be that we will not be seeing the second half of the fight as it was but a little differently but still Pac's going to gobble him up. Pac if you've noticed looks as fresh from 1st until the 12th round, how can you keep your pace with a beast like that?
          If Cotto would have kept it a slow tempo fight Manny would have been landing shots at his forearms and getting countered , just like he did against JMM. Cotto error was trying to exchange with a much faster puncher who trows a lot of punches , obviously something was bound to land. If Cotto would have kept his guard and jab a lot , Manny would be in the philipines thinking about firing freddy roach , and his concert would have been cancelled. He snapped Mannys head back with patience , and with jabs and with a plan. He would have done the same if he kept his composure. U just dont want to see it

Comment

Cotto fans your delusional

No way Cotto could of beat Manny. Same reason why Zab Judah can't beat anyone either. Cotto is not in condition to go hard for 12 rounds. Hes always running away the last four rounds of every tough fight. Mosely, Margarito, Clottey and now Pac. He gets tired. In addition, Manny was way to fast and he was holding back early to test Cottos power. As soon as Manny decided to turn it on Cotto will be powerless to stop it. He gets hit very easy anyway and Manny is one of the most gifted offencive fighters ever. Sorry, Cotto had no way to win that one, never ever ever could he beat Manny Pac. I like both fighters but Cotto cannot beat Pac. If they fought again, he would get brutalized worse.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
              He started the first round really well, when he outboxing Pacquiao, snapping his head back with that jab.

His problem came when he took a crude approach and tried muscling him out of the fight. In doing that he left himself open when Pacquioa kinda pulled away. Unfortunately he got knocked down which made him want to establish himself more, then he got knocked down and hurt.

The second knock down ended the fight. It's not in the least bit shameful in my eyes, if you've been in a fight before you will realise how one punch can make your night very long. It can kill your momentum.

Call me foolish but if Cotto were to have a rematch with Pacquiao I think it would be more competitive than the fight that just passed.

Well at least your not that traumatized by Cotto's beat down like the Cottostans to say out loud he would surely win in a rematch as you reservedly say "IT WILL BE MORE COMPETITIVE" hahahaha..... Even you know that a Cotto win in a rematch is a bit of a stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
                pac said he was trying to get hit in first...
                Cotto was just worked out
                By letting his hands go he got himself in far more trouble
                He was never going to stick to the first round plan, and Roach knew it.

Comment

Originally posted by BOX-A-LOT View Post
                  ....two rounds. I think he may have had a decent shot at an upset, hmm.

Things went downhill for Miguel in the 3rd round, where he got kd'd. It's like the famous Mike Tyson quote, "Everyone has a plan, until they get hit". Well, Miguel got rocked. And from there, he forgot about the jab.

Cotto decided to go for broke in the third and just tried to come at PAC from then on and paid a severe beating for it.
                  Migeul took a BEATING in the second round, man..lol

Comment

Originally posted by zalez787 View Post
                    If Cotto would have kept it a slow tempo fight Manny would have been landing shots at his forearms and getting countered , just like he did against JMM. Cotto error was trying to exchange with a much faster puncher who trows a lot of punches , obviously something was bound to land. If Cotto would have kept his guard and jab a lot , Manny would be in the philipines thinking about firing freddy roach , and his concert would have been cancelled. He snapped Mannys head back with patience , and with jabs and with a plan. He would have done the same if he kept his composure. U just dont want to see it
                    Come on man. Your making sound like if Manny had nothing to do with Cotto's lost. Get the **** out of here..... Maybe Cotto should had asked Freddy to slow Manny down and not beat his ass to hard.

Comment

Originally posted by KiloTeague View Post
                      No way Cotto could of beat Manny. Same reason why Zab Judah can't beat anyone either. Cotto is not in condition to go hard for 12 rounds. Hes always running away the last four rounds of every tough fight. Mosely, Margarito, Clottey and now Pac. He gets tired. In addition, Manny was way to fast and he was holding back early to test Cottos power. As soon as Manny decided to turn it on Cotto will be powerless to stop it. He gets hit very easy anyway and Manny is one of the most gifted offencive fighters ever. Sorry, Cotto had no way to win that one, never ever ever could he beat Manny Pac. I like both fighters but Cotto cannot beat Pac. If they fought again, he would get brutalized worse.

You also forget how Pac walked through cottos body shots and then walked him down. HE WALKED THROUGH COTTOS BEST PUNCH--HOOKS TO THE BODY. Cotto cant beat Pac with just a jab. Wake up Cotto fans. Zab Judah did much better against Floyd Mayweather, than Cotto did against Pac. NOone thinks ZAb will ever beat Floyd. Seriously, I understand your love for a man, and maybe cotto could beat Pac in a 3 round fight. MAYBE. But in 12 rounds Pac will annialate him every time. Cotto isn't built for that, while Pac can go super super hard for all 12.

Comment

Working...
                      X