Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
    gigi looks like a goofy mongolian.
    ask any girl and they will tell you they find floyd attractive
    They find the shorter man, the balder man and shorter dícked man more attractive?

Seems legit

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
      They find the shorter man, the balder man and shorter dícked man more attractive?

Seems legit
      Floyd is a 6.5/10. He's a handsome man.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        Well, they sort of were and sort of weren't. Obviously it would have been better, but Johnson actually lost with a Floyd fight lined up if he had won. Two times in fact. Lazcano flatly refused the fight up front.

Floyd was at the Lazcano/Johnson eliminator fight as it was going to be organised to fight the winner, which was meant to be Johnson, but Lazcano knocked him out, which put Johnson out of the running for the second time, and Lazcano literally refused the Floyd fight right there at the post fight press conference saying, from memory, that one million wasn't enough and he wanted more. Floyd wasn't earning much more himself at this stage mind you...so?

With Johnson, there was talk of an initial meet at 135 while Floyd was still at 130, which from memory is where Natas found the Arum thing *****ing about Floyd already. Johnson took a fight in the meantime against Castillo while they were still talking things out and trying to get negotiations begun for Floyd to move up to 135 for the fight, but guess what? Johnson lost to Castillo and Castillo became the man at 135.

Should Floyd have fought Johnson instead of Castillo and copped ten times more flack, or should he have done what you're meant to do in that situation and fight the guy at the top of the division, the best fighter there that won, or should he have fought the loser? It's a real 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' thing it seems for Floyd.

What do you respect him for doing more? Fighting the winner, or fighting the loser? It seems like you're saying he should have fought the loser instead. It takes two to tango remember and he was still with Arum.

Finally, after Floyd had beaten Castillo the second time round properly, the Johnson fight looked to be back on track, and all Johnson had to do was beat Lazcano in the title eliminator, but he got knocked out and so Floyd offered the fight to Lazcano, who flatly refused it directly after the fight.

The Johnson fight could have happened earlier, but when it did get underway for things to happen, Johnson lost twice in the lead up to it in fights he needed to win. Lazcano just refused.
        HBO and Arum wanted Mayweather to move up and fight Castillo in April 2002, he rejected the fight and then they offered Johnston. Johnston lost to Castillo by MD in June 2000, in a major upset, then they had a rematch 3 months later and it was ruled a controversial draw where initially Johnston was declared the winner. Stevie wasn't given another opportunity by TR. At the time Johnston was offered to Floyd as alternative to Castillo, he was considered just as legit a threat.

By the time Mayweather was done beating Castillo 2x, Johnston was on a 4 fight win streak w/o a dance partner. Floyd chose to fight Victor Sosa.

You say Floyd would've fought Johnston if he'd beat Lazcano, but then make an excuse for Floyd not fighting Lazcano. Lazcano KO'd Johnston in September 2003 to become Floyd's mandatory. Floyd fought 130lber Phillip N'Dou on November 2003. I don't recall Lazcano rejecting the fight, I do recall Floyd getting criticism for picking N'Dou right after Sosa. Given that Floyd was making $3mill per fight at the time, and Lazcano had a very low income up to that point in his career, I don't think Lazcano would've turned down the fight.

Can't find anything referencing Lazcano rejecting a Mayweather fight. I did find an article by Max Kellerman on the eve of the N'Dou fight pleading for Mayweather to fight his mandatory - Lazcano. Pretty sure if there was an issue with Lazcano rejecting the fight it would've been brought up in that article, but nope...
        http://a.espncdn.com/boxing/columns/...x/1654702.html
        Last edited by Eastcoast; 08-16-2015, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          HBO and Arum wanted Mayweather to move up and fight Castillo in April 2002, he rejected the fight and then they offered Johnston. Johnston lost to Castillo by MD in June 2000, in a major upset, then they had a rematch 3 months later and it was ruled a controversial draw where initially Johnston was declared the winner. Stevie wasn't given another opportunity by TR. At the time Johnston was offered to Floyd as alternative to Castillo, he was considered just as legit a threat.

By the time Mayweather was done beating Castillo 2x, Johnston was on a 4 fight win streak w/o a dance partner. Floyd chose to fight Victor Sosa.

You say Floyd would've fought Johnston if he'd beat Lazcano, but then make an excuse for Floyd not fighting Lazcano. Lazcano KO'd Johnston in September 2003 to become Floyd's mandatory. Floyd fought 130lber Phillip N'Dou on November 2003. I don't recall Lazcano rejecting the fight, I do recall Floyd getting criticism for picking N'Dou right after Sosa. Given that Floyd was making $3mill per fight at the time, and Lazcano had a very low income up to that point in his career, I don't think Lazcano would've turned down the fight.

Can't find anything referencing Lazcano rejecting a Mayweather fight. I did find an article by Max Kellerman on the eve of the N'Dou fight pleading for Mayweather to fight his mandatory - Lazcano. Pretty sure if there was an issue with Lazcano rejecting the fight it would've been brought up in that article, but nope...
          http://a.espncdn.com/boxing/columns/...x/1654702.html
          Try to stay on topic,which is Gennady Golovkin vs. Milton Nunez.

Comment

Working...
          X