Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Hey Santos, you win"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No welter could handle that version of Margarito.

Comment

What all there ricans forgot it was in P.R. and it was stopped early because of a cut you haters act like he got stoped or something.Like anybody is going to get a decision in P.r. especially a mexican u gotta practicly kill a rican to get the nod there.

Comment

lol he probably tried to say that he won but got it wrong..lol

Comment

Respect to Santos at least he didnt go out on his knees like his fellow boricuas.

Comment

Originally posted by Blount Brother View Post
            Respect to Santos at least he didnt go out on his knees like his fellow boricuas.
            He stood toe to toe with Margo even tho he is a boxer, and won.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Nope, during that time, the WWs that were around. I agree no WW could of handled that version of Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Wasn't he a Jr Middleweight vs Santos? Or was that the 2001 one at 147?

If you're talking about 154 Margarito in 2004 then Mosley, Winky, and Forrest all beat him up pretty bad.

2004 Margarito at WW, still a welterweight Mosley stops him. I'd say De La Hoya at 147-154 beats that Margarito at that time from 2001-2004. Ike Quartey, if he didn't take the long 5 year lay off after losing to a prime Vargas, I'd say he had the style to beat Margarito. Call me crazy but I think Mayorga and Spinks at WW could hafdle Margarito. Maybe not necessarily beat him, but they would have made for a good fight especially Mayorga with his chin and power.

Just my opinion anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  Nope, during that time, the WWs that were around. I agree no WW could of handled that version of Margarito.
                  In 2001 @ WW Mosley knocks him out and DLH beats him too imo.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Wasn't he a Jr Middleweight vs Santos? Or was that the 2001 one at 147?

If you're talking about 154 Margarito in 2004 then Mosley, Winky, and Forrest all beat him up pretty bad.

2004 Margarito at WW, still a welterweight Mosley stops him. I'd say De La Hoya at 147-154 beats that Margarito at that time from 2001-2004. Ike Quartey, if he didn't take the long 5 year lay off after losing to a prime Vargas, I'd say he had the style to beat Margarito. Call me crazy but I think Mayorga and Spinks at WW could hafdle Margarito. Maybe not necessarily beat him, but they would have made for a good fight especially Mayorga with his chin and power.

Just my opinion anyway.
                    Nah, I'm talking about welter. He was at junior middle for this fight but that's because he couldn't get a fight elsewhere. I think that version of Tony would've flattened Spinks. Mayorga would've been a war but King didn't want to put him anywhere near Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      Yeah definitely. BTW that Santos fight was ridiculous. And I loved Tony back then--dude was such a warrior he turned others into warriors just by fighting them. Santos went right back to fighting off his backfoot after this bout.

Comment

Working...
                      X