Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People kill people. People pollute the seas.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People kill people. People pollute the seas.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

Plastic doesn't pollute the oceans. People pullute the oceans.

So why put restrictions on guns and plastic? That's not the problem right?

I expect the boxingscene gunlobby to oppose any restrictions on use of plastic.

Comment

Point 1. I think its funny that anyone thinks in their wildest dreams they could ever prevent me from buying a gun.

I don't smoke weed but I'm not dumb enough to think banning it makes it any harder to find.

Point 2: Tabloid media at it again, playing with emotions. You can't see the Pacific garbage patch from the surface. It's just water with a greater-than-normal density of drifting waste, mostly small particles. You wouldn't even know you were in the middle of it.

http://www.yalescientific.org/2013/1...garbage-patch/

Pairing a map with of the patch with some kneejerk photograph of a polluted shore is very common and misleading -- makes people think there's a garbage pile the size of China floating towards us.

Point 3: Are we banning plastic or regulating it? Firearms are already heavily regulated in the US. Already far more than plastic and recycling. The theme of this thread was poorly thought out.
      Last edited by ////; 04-28-2016, 09:03 AM.

Comment

So we should kill the people that kill people via pollution & guns & other means basically? That would solve the population problem real quick.

Guy 1: *drops snickers bar wrapper*
        Guy 2: *sees this & pulls out gun & shoots Guy 1"
        Guy 3: *sees Guy 2 shoot Guy 1 & comes up behind Guy 2 & snaps his neck Chuck Norris 1980's movie style*
        Guy 4: *turns onto the street & sees two dead bodies & Guy 3* "What happened?"
        Guy 3: "I don't know I just turned the corner & found these dead guys"

Comment

Originally posted by #feelthebern View Post
          I don't smoke weed but I'm not dumb enough to think banning it makes it any harder to find.
          For you maybe if you got a hookup, but logically this argument doesn't hold water. Anything you make illegal or ban will be harder to find for most people thus it achieves its goal. There is no honest goal of 100% eradication of something. You are only playing the percentages & making something illegal or banning it to reduce its impact & it achieves that goal. So whatever any particular persons future ability in finding a banned or illegal substance the overall number of people with access to that ability is smaller than the ones who don't have it...therefore success.

And not saying this to say I'm against anything I'm just saying it'll diminish the usage of anything you ban or make illegal.

Comment

We should shoot all those plastic people!.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X