No announcement yet.

They just approved MMA/UFC in New York right now! will Boxing take a hit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They just approved MMA/UFC in New York right now! will Boxing take a hit

Just watched the entire assembly live voting, it was pretty funny how ignorant some of them are to MMA even saying it was like Gay **** with a different ending that was Rosie Odonnells brother who was saying that.

Anyway they just approved it so the first UFC show at MSG will go through.

This is a huge victory for UFC, will this be a big blow to boxing or will the two sports benefit what is your thoughts?

you never cease to amaze me with your stupidity and clickbait titles.

Comment

Since Cotto's days are numbered NY needs to fill the **** gap by including a **** sport. Not as if NY is much more than ****s anyway.

Comment

Great news! About time!

Comment

About time.

The UFC won't hold many events there, they're already pretty stretched as it is. Ferttita re-confirms that the UFC will bring 4 events per year for the first couple of years all over NY state. Blame taxes. I think they'll keep it more for the BIG events maybe even a year end kind of card setup too if Vegas doesn't take it.

Comment

I think it was the last state in the country to have it banned. I doubt it will affect much of anything. New York bans almost everything. Hard to imagine what people do there for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
              you never cease to amaze me with your stupidity and clickbait titles.
              Clickbait? only works for people writing articles. if you got no opinion to offer dont go in to just insult people dude. you offered no commentary on the issue so why bother posting?

Here is a link to the legalization of MMA in ny
              http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/New...ssembly-102285

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
                I think it was the last state in the country to have it banned. I doubt it will affect much of anything. New York bans almost everything. Hard to imagine what people do there for fun.
                The entire thing was funny, they had some lady reading off twitter the insults going her way by a troll account claiming to be Ronda Rouesys coach and boxing coach Edmund traverdyan orwhatever. She read them outloud from her twitter.

Edmund is getting ruined hard and that aint even his account.

Comment

It's great for the UFC, but I don't see how it would hurt boxing in any way. It's not like there are a lot of boxing events per year at MSG. You have the annual Cotto fight, and perhaps a GGG fight. That's about it. UFC Will likely only have 2 shows per year at MSG, they'll likely be big shows featuring Jon Jones and McGregor. I don't see how it would hurt boxing in the slightest.

Comment

Most major UFC events will not go to NYC for the same reason major boxing events don't go there. The taxes are too high and the state is not willing to budge in order to lure sporting events, which is why Vegas - which has no state tax - continues to snatch up all of the major fights from boxing and MMA.

Comment

Working...
                    X