Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That awkward lingering ringside camera...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That awkward lingering ringside camera...

Is this just a standard production technique or something that I only see because I'm viewing the fight out of the US so perhaps there would be ads on if viewed there? I've seen it happen on all networks' fights.

This is how it goes, the round finishes, and instead of slow motion replays we really want to see, we get to see someone at ringside for an awkwardly long amount of time. The person usually spots themselves at first, gives the obligatory wave/fist/thumbs then at the point you'd expect the camera to pan away, it stays on them for an excruciating amount of time, like a weirdo who just stares for too long.

maybe you've got some got examples/links to funny ones, I'm just watching the loma vs Russell fight and after round 4 we get to the desperate point of head bopping from a bewildered Johan Perez. 19mins 20secs in

https://youtu.be/4AwgrXcwR7o
    Last edited by TheCleaner; 08-20-2015, 02:39 PM.

There was a really terrible one with Mauricio Herrera. I can't remember which fight it was.

EDIT: It was actually during Alexander-Karass, which was in the Russel-Lomo undercard. Guess it was the same incompetent person who did it. Can't find a link to the fight.
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 08-20-2015, 02:41 PM.

Comment

there it is. @ 31:50

Devon Alexander vs. Jesus Soto Karass 21.06... by begemotya85

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        Hahaha! That is brilliant, it's like you can tell he's thinking, 'OK, so **** off already'

I seem to remember something similar happening with Mark Wahlberg at the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight, the camera panned to him and just sort of stuck on him for a while

Comment

rofl good thread, take a break from alll the serious bull**** haha

Comment

There was a really terrible one with Mauricio Herrera. I can't remember which fight it was.

EDIT: It was actually during Alexander-Karass, which was in the Russel-Lomo undercard. Guess it was the same incompetent person who did it. Can't find a link to the fight.
            haha brilliant, I wonder if its a showtime thing? but I'm sure the same has happened in HBO fights, is funny as if it's awkward on purpose... like the camera man gets the brief "see if you can piss off any boxers/celebs tonight"

Comment

he stops chewing his gum like why this mfr still got cam on me lol

Comment

Loooool. That was mad awkward.

Comment

You can tell he is thinking "can I get back to what the f*** I was doing"...
                  Ironic its brought up because you see it all the time and seems to be longer with Showtime.

Comment

Damn, I cant remember which fight it was but i remember one with Thurman and his girl. Sometimes the spotlight makes people uncomfortable, for others it adds a layer to their awkwardness.

Comment

Working...
                    X