No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao still as good as ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao still as good as ever?

I've said for a long time I personally hold Pacqiuao as the best WW right now and losing to Floyd is no disgrace. He took hardly any significant damage in that fight and looked great in previous fights. I'm confident he will decision Bradley and I still believe he is up there. However, in his interviews he genuinely looks utterly disinterested in boxing and it's apparent he's just fighting for money. But the ability is definitely there.

Manny is half way retired and 37 years old. He is far from as good as he once was

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post

I've said for a long time I personally hold Pacqiuao as the best WW right now and losing to Floyd is no disgrace. He took hardly any significant damage in that fight and looked great in previous fights. I'm confident he will decision Bradley and I still believe he is up there. However, in his interviews he genuinely looks utterly disinterested in boxing and it's apparent he's just fighting for money. But the ability is definitely there.
      where is he in the interview?

Comment

The Pacman got beat by Mayweather, he's finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post

Boxing is 90% mental so....

Comment

Well no definitely not, but probably still comparable to the Pac that fought Bradley in 2014. He should still have what it takes to beat Bradley.

Comment

No where near what he was but still better than 70% of whats out there at the weight.

Comment

Still better than Bradley and will beat him again.

He's not what he was, but he's still very good.

Comment

Of course he isn't as good as ever. He is a 37 year old veteran with a long career of hard fights. He is not as good as the 29 year old Pacquiao and likewise Mayweather is not as good as he was when he was 29. They can both still fight damn good though. Or as they say on boxing scene they can still fight damn good doe.

Comment

still an elite fighter, just not the dynamo he was in the 2000s....once he went past 135...he was still elite but TR was very careful who they put him in with. After losses, bad showings, and catchweights.

ATG, just dont see him as great as the media tried to convince people. Definitely one of the best of the past era...just was never the best, if you thought that, the media did their job.

Losing to Morales in 05 and his "loss" to JMM in fight 3, opened my eyes....who did he beat from 05-2012 that was on a legitimately impressive string of fights?

I love featherweight manny, not the media creation at 140-150

Comment

Working...
                    X