Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I went to sleep last night thinking it was legit, but i woke up thinking....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went to sleep last night thinking it was legit, but i woke up thinking....

....man that looked fake as ****! It was a slap left hook the type you see Mayweather land 38647 times a fight, with no results. But thats ok, because hes a WW and these guys are HW's. But still, one of those slapping little left hooks? You mean to tell me Deontay has power like that??? I mean, Im not gonna sit here and question Deontay hitting hard he def does. But to knock a guy out from that? From what was intended to be a blinding left hook? lol, GTFO out of here. They set that **** up in the dressing room. I have never seen a fight in my life where a fighter went down from a punch so simple, other than the Ali-Sonny Liston fight.

The first shot Peterson went down with against Matthysse looked like that as well. The replays showed it landing flush on the temple. If that slap hook lands on the chin then it doesn't knock people out.

Comment

It's sole purpose was to set up the right hand, there wasn't any power behind it and the right hand was glancing if that. It's obvious what went on.

Comment

I felt the same way the next morning after DLH/Hopkins. All of my non-boxing following friends were screaming fix, and I kept defending the subtle brutality of a well-placed body shot. I woke up, rewatched it, and thought: '**** this???this crap was rigged'.
        Boxing is becoming a joke. It shouldn't be a surprise that this stuff happens. When significant amounts of money is involved in any organization, you will undoubtedly find corruption.

Comment

Originally posted by nveleven View Post
          I felt the same way the next morning after DLH/Hopkins. All of my non-boxing following friends were screaming fix, and I kept defending the subtle brutality of a well-placed body shot. I woke up, rewatched it, and thought: '**** this???this crap was rigged'.
          Boxing is becoming a joke. It shouldn't be a surprise that this stuff happens. When significant amounts of money is involved in any organization, you will undoubtedly find corruption.
          ODLH-Hopkins was a joke dive. Oscar pounds the mat in frustration because he claims he cannot get up.

How many times has that happened to a fighter in agonizing body shot pain?

The punch didn't even land that hard either.

Boxing is crap sometimes.

At least this fight was smaller scale I guess.

Comment

I agree. It looked like a fixed fight. The hook was a poorly thrown arm punch with no power and the straight right was not that hard and didn't land clean. A real knock out punch moves the guy's head violently. Those punches hardly moved his head at all. I think it's likely this fight was fixed and maybe other Wilder fights too. I am not a guy who is always saying fights were fixed or judges were paid off. This is a fight I think was fixed. I can't believe a successful pro heavyweight would be knocked out or even knocked down by such light punches.

Comment

Golden Fraud Promotions!

Comment

im deeply ashamed to be a boxing fan at this moment

Comment

Originally posted by 80'sDoStew! View Post
                  Golden Fraud Promotions!
                  GBP ain't behind everything that's fishy, the fishiest fight I saw was Mitchell vs Banks, a fight in which Banks could have literally stopped Mitchell whenever he decided to, then shortly after he said both his hands were messed up

Comment

i didnt buy the whole routine whats his name put on getting up either. He didnt even look to be in that much pain. he just looked like he was playing exhausted or something. like "no i dont have the strength to get up in time. dammit". just didnt look like the most legit get-up attempt in the world either....

Comment

Working...
                    X