No announcement yet.

Teddy Atlas "Wladimir Klitschko can't fight, Povetkin could KO him"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoz View Post
    Ah, so Wladimir can't fight? That explains ALL of his SUCCESSFUL title defences and KO VICTORIES.
    I do understand what Teddy means, Wladamir is a superb BOXER but I don't know much about him as a FIGHTER, he's never really been in any FIGHTS.

only time someone has been good enough to take it to him was Sanders, other than that he's basically outclassed his opponents.

That said, povetkin is not good enough to get close and land punches and force wlad into a fight, he will get outboxed and outclassed like the rest of these mugs

Comment

Well, if that's the case what does that say about bum ass Povetkin? Especially after Wlad pulverizes him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        I do understand what Teddy means, Wladamir is a superb BOXER but I don't know much about him as a FIGHTER, he's never really been in any FIGHTS.

only time someone has been good enough to take it to him was Sanders, other than that he's basically outclassed his opponents.

That said, povetkin is not good enough to get close and land punches and force wlad into a fight, he will get outboxed and outclassed like the rest of these mugs
        Very correct IMO.

Comment

That must be why Teddy advised Povetkin to duck him so many times.

I kinda get what he means though. Wlad can't really fight going backwards or on the inside. Povetkin is too **** though.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

Perfect articulation of what I was thinking as well.

What, if anything, has Povetkin shown us that makes him more of a threat to Wlad than say, David Haye, Corrie Sanders, Sam Peter, etc? Teddy is definitely just showing bias for his former charge. I respect Teddy Atlas, but damn. He is definitely under the influence of bull**** in that interview.

Comment

Wait, didn't Teddy train Povetkin?!? Yea, that explains the nonsense coming out of his mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Wenger Is God View Post
                That must be why Teddy advised Povetkin to duck him so many times.

I kinda get what he means though. Wlad can't really fight going backwards or on the inside. Povetkin is too **** though.
                Ah, OK. So Wladimir shouldn't take the centre of the ring? Maybe you should coach him; I mean, i'm sure you can teach an Olympic Gold Medalist and HOF HW a thing or two.

Can Wladimir fight going backwards? Sure. We just don't see it much, because his opposition are preoccupied with/cannot get past the jab.

Haters will hate.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                  Ah, OK. So Wladimir shouldn't take the centre of the ring? Maybe you should coach him; I mean, i'm sure you can teach an Olympic Gold Medalist and HOF HW a thing or two.

Can Wladimir fight going backwards? Sure. We just don't see it much, because his opposition are preoccupied with/cannot get past the jab.

Haters will hate.
                  Why do you pick out two words of my post and then reply like an absolute fuking mong. I didn't say he shouldn't take the centre of the ring.

Whenever Wlad gets backed up, he doesn't fight. He uses his arms to keep distance or clinches. It's clever if you can get away with it.
                  Last edited by Wenger Is God; 06-10-2013, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                    Wait, didn't Teddy train Povetkin?!?
                    Yes, but Povetkin has looked much better under Tszyu.

Comment

Originally posted by Burzum View Post
                      Teddy has a speech impediment, which at times results in slurs like this.
                      Clever....

Comment

Working...
                      X