No announcement yet.

Hatred of running has developed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatred of running has developed

I've developed a feeling of absolute hatred, yes, hatred for running, it's so boringm long and it's like the opposite of my style, It's soo bad, and it's not laziness because I love that feeling of tiredness and I love being tired when on the heavy bag and on the pads and practising etc..., it's just that running is so booooooooooring, can anyone spare some some high intense exercises as a pose to running which get me tired as much, burn as much calories, you know, tire me out and condition me just as much
    Last edited by cosmic; 04-14-2012, 12:58 AM.

There is this thing called ipod, you might wanna check it out. . Anyway if u wanna compete in this sport you gotta make sacrifices man.

Comment

maybe you could give the caveman workout a try. look it up.

Comment

I agree that it's boring and repetitive. However, there's ways to make it a little less dreadful. Choose an interesting place to run at, even if you have to drive there. Parks are great and having women check you out as you train can be motivating. There's smartphone apps that will map out the area you run, as you're doing it, and give you the mileage and time. That can be fun to look at if you're in a new area and you want to see how much distance you've covered. The biggest motivator for me was getting a dog. Even when I absolutely don't want to run, seeing my dog hyped about going outside gets me motivated and I can't let my buddy down.

Comment

do you think that I'm running too much ?

Comment

There's a reason why all fighters put in road work. Why don't you do some interval sprints instead of long jogs if you're trying to reduce time/boredom?

Comment

Check out the m-100's tread, nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
                I agree that it's boring and repetitive. However, there's ways to make it a little less dreadful. Choose an interesting place to run at, even if you have to drive there. Parks are great and having women check you out as you train can be motivating. There's smartphone apps that will map out the area you run, as you're doing it, and give you the mileage and time. That can be fun to look at if you're in a new area and you want to see how much distance you've covered. The biggest motivator for me was getting a dog. Even when I absolutely don't want to run, seeing my dog hyped about going outside gets me motivated and I can't let my buddy down.

this

i dont give a **** who you are...
                if you get the right breed of dog and it's well conditioned you cannot outrun it

it will blow you away in the sprints
                and it will blow you away in distance

and the harder you run the more he's going to like it

Comment

I would say look up different sprint training or resistance running. Its more intense and tiring and not nearly as long. Get a small group buy some resistant running bands, parachutes, or get one of those mauler things it should help.

Comment

I am right there with you, I friggin hate running.

One thing that can help is to mix in sprint/interval training instead of just long runs.

Run a half mile as fast as you can, with a 2 minute break afterwards, and repeat as many times as you feel necessary.

Comment

Working...
                    X