Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Larry Holmes 'Fighters dont fight for golden gloves or glory,it's all about money'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Holmes 'Fighters dont fight for golden gloves or glory,it's all about money'

[B]*************.com:

B.I: So you would respect Lennox more if he came back and lost to Klitschko?

Larry Holmes: “Sure. You gotta respect him. Not only that, he’s made $20,000,000 in his pocket. And that’s what you fight for. You don’t fight because you want to be the greatest. When a fighter gets in the fight game, they can talk about the Golden Gloves, they can talk about the world championship all they want, how great it is. But the bottom line is, how much money you got in your pocket? You can be champion of the world…but look at him, he’s broke. Oh man, he was champion of the world, he got a lot of money, man, and he’s still good. Then you respect it. Ali was the greatest. Listen to him. Look at him. It’s a shame. C’mon, you hear it all the time. I’m sure you do. But you know, see, Ali was the greatest. $100,000,000 in the bank. And if he could talk like he used to talk, he really would be the greatest

http://www.*************.com/intervi...-larry-holmes/
    Last edited by Robert Mugabe; 12-16-2009, 06:59 AM.

Originally posted by Robert Mugabe View Post
    [B]*************.com:

So you would respect Lennox more if he came back and lost to Klitschko?

Larry Holmes: “Sure. You gotta respect him. Not only that, he’s made $20,000,000 in his pocket. And that’s what you fight for. You don’t fight because you want to be the greatest. When a fighter gets in the fight game, they can talk about the Golden Gloves, they can talk about the world championship all they want, how great it is. But the bottom line is, how much money you got in your pocket? You can be champion of the world…but look at him, he’s broke. Oh man, he was champion of the world, he got a lot of money, man, and he’s still good. Then you respect it. Ali was the greatest. Listen to him. Look at him. It’s a shame. C’mon, you hear it all the time. I’m sure you do. But you know, see, Ali was the greatest. $100,000,000 in the bank. And if he could talk like he used to talk, he really would be the greatest
    http://www.*************.com/intervi...-larry-holmes/
    What a classy guy Holmes is.
    Last edited by Thread Stealer; 12-16-2009, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Ali comment aside, he's right. You only have to listen to Zab Judah's webcasts, these guys don't look at the belts or even the names, they look at the money they can make (Hatton, Oscar, Floyd all included).

Comment

People act like these guys arent human or that they have a set salary like there in the NBA, NFL, or something. These guys have to get money why they can, espically in a business like boxing where you put your life and health on the line, literaly. All I would do is go for the biggest pay day also but most times the biggest pay days are for the biggest fights so it all works out most time

Comment

Holmes is right, but his comments would be more well recieved if he learned a thing called tact.

Comment

actually the golden gloves (or the likes, i.e. olympics etc.), the world championships and the names of the opponents are all part of the boxing business, you should have a good collection of those in the bag before you can really make money ....

dont tell me that ODLH, PBF or Hatton received their 20 Million Dollars payday without having any of the 3 mentioned above...

Comment

I thought this was common sense

Comment

:burner::burner::burner:

Comment

Originally posted by Liar View Post
                  I thought this was common sense

it is.....but the world is full of people who lack common sense........

Comment

i somewhat agree

Comment

Working...
                    X