No announcement yet.

UFC 194 projected to do 3.5 million PPV buys tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
    McGregor will also get a PPV cut on top of that.

If the fight does over 330K buys, he gets $3/buy. He will easily be walking away with ~$3.5M when it's all said and done.

That's really the maximum though. You won't see these guys getting Cotto like money, with $15M purses. A top rate UFC fighter that's a PPV attraction like GSP, Anderson Silva, Jon Jones and now McGregor get about ~3M/fight when it's all said and done.
    Didn't he post his financials on Instagram a few months ago? He made like $4mill for the Mendes fight.

UFC 200 will be insane. If Conor wins tonight, he'll likely face the winner of Dos Anjos/Cerrone for the 155lbs title, then Rousey wants the Holmes rematch that night as well. They'll probably have that side-show CM Punk make his debut as well. Now that ppv could push the 3 million mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson Silva View Post
      All down to the current PPV king of combat sports

It's a bad arse fight. It should be big.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        Didn't he post his financials on Instagram a few months ago? He made like $4mill for the Mendes fight.

UFC 200 will be insane. If Conor wins tonight, he'll likely face the winner of Dos Anjos/Cerrone for the 155lbs title, then Rousey wants the Holmes rematch that night as well. They'll probably have that side-show CM Punk make his debut as well. Now that ppv could push the 3 million mark.
        Yea it could be somewhere around there.

I think the Maximum UFC 200 might do is probably 2M if they're lucky.

But It's a guarantee 1M PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
          Yea it could be somewhere around there.

I think the Maximum UFC 200 might do is probably 2M if they're lucky.

But It's a guarantee 1M PPV.
          Rousey was just starting to tap into main-stream fans and I think she's way more popular with her defeat than before. Holly's picked up alot of attention & respect now as well. Throw in a McGregor coming off an Aldo win and moving into a new weight class for the title, it'll be circus like we've maybe only seen with May/Pac.

Comment

It will easily do more than 1 mill and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't follow MMA very closely.

Comment

Floyd and Pacquiao ruined boxing PPV at least they will get a real fight tonight

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR CANELO! View Post
                Canelo would have been way more at his weigh in but the monkeys at Rocnation dropped the ball and had to rent a studio apartment to host the weigh ins.
                Yea that was pretty bad!!! I live in Vegas, and me and my boy waited in line for the weigh in's thinking we were getting into the main arena, but they had a small Ball room, and than everyone else walked into another room with big screens. I was PISSED!!!!

We left and I went home and drank my own beer and watched at home. For a fight that big, with those 2 fan bases it sould have been in the main arena.

The UFC, is ALWAYS in the main arena, they dropped the ball there.

Comment

lol...............

Comment

Big fight but why does aldo make significantly less when he holds the title?

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                      Big fight but why does aldo make significantly less when he holds the title?
                      Because McGregor has more personality in the toenail clippings from his left foot than Aldo has in his entire body

Comment

Working...
                      X