Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pedro Diaz + Guillermo Rigondeaux= PERFECTION

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Pedro is a top trainer. He did a good job with Cotto but him and Rigondeaux are a deadly 1,2 combination. They seem to click a lot better.

Comment

I think he is. He's the type of trainer who can turn a face-first type of brawler like Rios into a decent above average boxer.

Comment

Next Great Trainer! But I thought this BEFORE the Donaire fight, the man has some amazing training tactics and you can tell is excellent at coming up with Game Plans:

I would love to see him work with more young talented fighters and develop them into stars, easier to install that work ethic into younger fighters then it is the older fighters like Cotto

Comment

they had the perfect gameplan against nonito

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            I thought Cotto-Trout was a Draw the first time I watched it, then 7-5 for Trout the second watch. So that fight was pretty close..

He's obviously a good trainer, but keep in mind he's training an okay boxer in Cotto and an elite boxer in Rigondeaux, when both are already in their 30s. I would like to see him start of like Ward-Hunter or Mayweather Sr/Roger-Mayweather Jr.
            I agree. I would love to see Pedro develop his own talent, but he might be better suited to taking a proven talent and guiding them to victory against a tough opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
              Just imagine what it could've been if he wou;d've turned pro at 23 or 24
              Exactly. He would have had the ability to develop a pro style at a younger age. He's learning on the fly with starting his career so late.

He fought a 10 rounder in his 3rd fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
                Just imagine what it could've been if he wou;d've turned pro at 23 or 24
                These "could've, would've, should'ves" are just too sad for me to think of for long. The same can be said for so many of our Cuban fighters. It's even worse for the ones still stuck on the island. After only 12 pro fights, Rigo already appears destined for professional greatness. He's awesome. What might have been... SMH

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  These "could've, would've, should'ves" are just too sad for me to think of for long. The same can be said for so many of our Cuban fighters. It's even worse for the ones still stuck on the island. After only 12 pro fights, Rigo already appears destined for professional greatness. He's awesome. What might have been... SMH
                  But then he would almost certainly have had many years less working with trainers like Diaz.
                  Shields, Roach, the Mayweathers didn't have a bloody clue what to do with Rigondeaux. Diaz does and so would a number of other Cubans, Diaz ain't the only Cuban coach working at that kinda level of ability, there's others, he just happens to be on US tv doing his thing

I largely agree with the if he had turned pro earlier thing, but it ain't been too difficult to switch over really has it?! La calidad es la calidad.

Comment

Who is Gamboas trainer?

Comment

Working...
                    X