Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko vs. Povtekin Dispute is Resolved By The WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be better if Solis had a warm-up before fighting Wladimir, but it is what it is.

Solis is just one of several heavyweights being considered by Wlad for April.

I hear Fres Oquendo is on the list. He would be a worse choice than Solis, and we'd never hear the end of it from the Klitschko haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      It would be better if Solis had a warm-up before fighting Wladimir, but it is what it is.

Solis is just one of several heavyweights being considered by Wlad for April.

I hear Fres Oquendo is on the list. He would be a worse choice than Solis, and we'd never hear the end of it from the Klitschko haters.
      I heard Dan Rafael is being considered. He's currently sparring with Solis

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        This is sickening news for boxing fans. Wladimir gets an extension to avoid fighting his mandatory so he can fight an opponent Vitali KO'd in just 1 round.
        Says it all really.

I don't care that Povetkin didn't face Wlad first time out, Haye didn't either and that was due to Klits outrageous demands, Povetkin and his trainer at least were straight and said they were not ready and needed more fights.

Now they are ready and also mandatory and hold the WBA 'regular' title that Haye held when they made the fight so whats the problem Wlad ?

Why not make it ? I can't see Povetkin winning so whats the issue now ???

Comment

If Wladimir fights Fres Oquendo, I will give him shit too.

Comment

Talks between K-2 and Arena have broken off, and so it is now unlikely that Solis will be fighting Wladimir. There are several other people being considered as Wladimir's April opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
              It's only sickening if you're a little uptight brit
              Pardon me for wanting to see a Champion fight his mandatory.

Talks between K-2 and Arena have broken off, and so it is now unlikely that Solis will be fighting Wladimir. There are several other people being considered as Wladimir's April opponent.
              Any names?

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
                Povetkin has been dreading this day and trying to stall it as long as possible.

Wlad is going to push his **** in unless he somehow manages to avoid his beating by a sly manoeuvre
                Teddy Atlas knew what he had when he told Povetkin to hold off. Povetkin is still untested and much over rated even though he is a trinket holder.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Any names?
                  Although Wlad has shown him the list and asked for his feedback on potential opponents, he's not supposed to mention the names yet. This guy:

http://hardymag.com/championship-nut...avid-williams/

Comment

Originally posted by The RealDeal View Post
                    Why do they want to avoid Povetkin so much ? :Facepalm:

It's not like he is a real threat now is it ?

Wlad and Bern Beonte = :Thumbsdown:
                    Why NOT is the better question. This is usually how a weak, less talented opponent gets the reputation as being a very good fighter. Perception is reality.

Floyd ducks Margarito, Margarito becomes a BIG THREAT. If Floyd just fought him and beat him by Unanimous Decision right away, then what would the world think of the win? Just some win over a guy with a bunch of losses right?

I think Wlad should "duck" this guy for a few more years and let him build up that record of his, and then take him out. That will give Wlad's 'boxrec' a artificial boost.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                      Another voluntary defense...?
                      Sure, why not? Wasn't Thompson, a 40 year old fighter whom Wlad already beat a mandatory. That's because he managed not to lose to anybody but Wlad, but still.

Wlad shouldn't even be pressured by the sanctioning bodies to fight anybody. It's not like he is ducking anyone that they need to put their foot down. Just give the guy some breathing room and let him do his thing. The top challengers to the title are more than likely ducking him than the other way around.

Comment

Working...
                      X