Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The VERY BEST 130 pound Erik Morales vs Floyd (from Corrales fight)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Despite having Barrera 3 a draw and the fact he beat Pacquaio he was still clearly passed his best IMO.

The Jesus Chavez fight showed that especially, Jesus Chavez was a good fighter and very underrated but a prime Morales I'd expect to beat him easily. Whereas that version of Morales struggled with Chavez. Chavez not only hurt him badly but IMO nearly beat him, if he had both arms I'd of thought Chavez would have won that fight.

He didn't loon fantastic against Hernadez either to be honest.

Whereas Floyd at 130 was arguably his best weight. Big, strong, fast, could punch. Can't see Morales at 130 standing up to that.
    Jesus Chavez was a squat strong solid guy and IMO gave Floyd his toughest fight at 130....the fight was close prior to the stoppage although Floyd hit him with the kitchen sink

He was also one of the better fighters who campaigned at 130-135 in the 2000s.....his size and strength advantage played a part versus Morales considering he was a career 130 guy and Morales git his bones at 122 and 126

I doubt he gets Gatti'd but it wouldn't be a Castillo 1 type of performance either...I think somewhere in between

Comment

Floyd would never fight Morales, especially after Terrible made him cry in sparring.

Comment

Mayweather by terrible savage beat down. Morales at 130, thats lunch for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
          Floyd would never fight Morales, especially after Terrible made him cry in sparring.
          new that one was coming lol....its been over 10 years and I still haven't come across any footage or any one other than Morales speaking on it

Comment

morales loses most of the rounds, if not all of them. different sizes and levels of fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              Floyd was an absolute monster at that weight, too.

It's a toss up man, an ATG matchup, the superfight that May-Pac was not.
              you think this fights a "toss up"? really?

Comment

Morales doesn't actually do anything better than Floyd. I just finished watching the MAB-Morales trilogy again (****ing awesome set of fights) but I finished thinking to myself Floyd would have whitewashed the both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  morales loses most of the rounds, if not all of them. different sizes and levels of fighters.
                  point, blank, period.

Comment

Floyd would have embarrassed morales.. Floyd was scary at 130.. Morales has zero chance

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      Jesus Chavez was a squat strong solid guy and IMO gave Floyd his toughest fight at 130....the fight was close prior to the stoppage although Floyd hit him with the kitchen sink

He was also one of the better fighters who campaigned at 130-135 in the 2000s.....his size and strength advantage played a part versus Morales considering he was a career 130 guy and Morales git his bones at 122 and 126

I doubt he gets Gatti'd but it wouldn't be a Castillo 1 type of performance either...I think somewhere in between
                      Yeah Chavez-Floyd is one of my favourite Floyd fights.

Floyd was struggling with the weight at that point but Chavez was the only guy who was willing to walk through Floyd at 130 and let his hands go. I really love watching that fight both of their inside work was fantastic and Chavez brought the best out of Floyd.

Same with Morales Chavez, with one arm, pushed him right to the limit. When he rocked him I thought he was going to knock him out but Morales is just ridiculously tough.

Comment

Working...
                      X