Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stop the madnesss, GGG doesnt have 15 title defenses and isnt close to any record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stop the madnesss, GGG doesnt have 15 title defenses and isnt close to any record

He was interim champion, got elevated to regular champion and given the super champion title and never won it in the ring

Hagler and Monzon were the lineal champions and undisputed their reigns and Hagler had 12 defenses and Monzon had 14....their were alphabet titles back then too and people act like their wasn't

Monzon beat hall of famer Nino Benvenuti who was lineal/wbc and wba title in 1970...IN THE RING....was stripped of the wbc in '74 and won it back by beating title holder Valdez and ended his career with a rematch.....he had 14 total defenses

Hagler beat Allan Minter for the linea/ Ring/ wbc and WBA titles...IN THE RING....won the vacant ibf in 83 and lost the lineal title to Leonard after 12 defenses

I hate when people make up records to try and pump up a fighters resume.....Just like Hopkins, he has 20 IBF defenses at 160 but only 6 lineal/undisputed title defenses, therefore he holds no record....ITS A DISSERVICE TO THESE TWO ALL TIME GREATS TO MAKE FAKE RECORDS OF HOPKINS AND GGG
    Last edited by therealpugilist; 12-18-2015, 11:46 AM.

It's ok, it doesn't matter anyway. He's still the best 160 punder out there, since at least three years ago.

Comment

crickets lol...and thank you....he is currently at 0 defenses of the IBF title......the one belt he won in the ring...those are the facts...stop pumping up bull to casuals, they know no better

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
        It's ok, it doesn't matter anyway. He's still the best 160 punder out there, since at least three years ago.
        how can he be the best middleweight when he hasn't faced the top middleweights

their is no best until they fight each other......the champion is Canelo and the top contenders are GGG, Jacobs and Lee/Saunders winner.(contenders with trinkets, GGG as well)

that's the problem with newbie as boxing fans....they dont want the fighters to earn anything, just have it given to them

nothing is given in boxing, you have to earn it.....He isn't the best middleweight until he fights the best middleweights and he hasnt

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          He was interim champion, got elevated to regular champion and given the super champion title and never won it in the ring

Hagler and Monzon were the lineal champions and undisputed their reigns and Hagler had 12 defenses and Monzon had 14....their were alphabet titles back then too and people act like their wasn't

Monzon beat hall of famer Nino Benvenuti who was lineal/wbc and wba title in 1970...IN THE RING....was stripped of the wbc in '74 and won it back by beating title holder Valdez and ended his career with a rematch.....he had 14 total defenses

Hagler beat Allan Minter for the linea/ Ring/ wbc and WBA titles...IN THE RING....won the vacant ibf in 83 and lost the lineal title to Leonard after 12 defenses

I hate when people make up records to try and pump up a fighters resume.....Just like Hopkins, he has 20 IBF defenses at 160 but only 6 lineal/undisputed title defenses, therefore he holds no record....ITS A DISSERVICE TO THESE TWO ALL TIME GREATS TO MAKE FAKE RECORDS OF HOPKINS AND GGG
          Thank you sir for saying what needs to be said...

Comment

[/COLOR]

Doesn't matter, still has the title.

If I used this logic, I could say, "Technically, GGG should be lineal/wbc champion since Murray was robbed against Martinez and proceeded to get stopped when he fought Golovkin".

Either way, this is not a big deal. Shut up and enjoy the GGG fights.

Comment

I think there is an argument to be made that Jacobs is the true #1 contender @ 160 behind the champion Canelo Alvarez. Jacobs just destroyed a top 2 ranked 160lb'er in one round - something which Bumlovkin has *never* done...

Comment

their is no best until they fight each other......the champion is Canelo and the top contenders are GGG, Jacobs and Lee/Saunders winner.(contenders with trinkets, GGG as well)

that's the problem with newbie as boxing fans....they dont want the fighters to earn anything, just have it given to them

nothing is given in boxing, you have to earn it.....He isn't the best middleweight until he fights the best middleweights and he hasnt

While I have been critical of GGG not fighting Ward and Lara, I will say that he kept being elevated by the WBA because no one wanted to fight him. That's kind of a fact. Also him not facing top talent today... Again people don't wants to fight him unless it's the right price.

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
                  Thank you sir for saying what needs to be said...
                  fair is fair and the truth is the truth.....this era of fans aren't boxing fans, they are just fans of certain fighters

dont take anything away from a fighter that they earned. If you want something you have to earn it the same way that other fighters have.

I have my favorites but dang I dont change what I consider right or wrong just to benefit a fighter I likes resume.

**** know nothing newbies

Monzon and Hagler earned their titles.......Canelo earned is in the ring like they did.....we can argue who the best today is all day but the fact of the matter is Canelo is the champion and any defenses of a trinket when their is a lineal/recognized champion, means nothing at all

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                    Doesn't matter, still has the title.

If I used this logic, I could say, "Technically, GGG should be lineal/wbc champion since Murray was robbed against Martinez and proceeded to get stopped when he fought Golovkin".

Either way, this is not a big deal. Shut up and enjoy the GGG fights.
                    Get your facts straight. Middleweight lineage was passed on to Sergey Khomitsky after being robbed by Murray. And now the current lineal champ is Alfonso Blanco after he beat Khomitsky recently.

Comment

Working...
                    X