Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Mayweather and Pacquiao still be considered top 5 p4p fighters?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Mayweather and Pacquiao still be considered top 5 p4p fighters?

I respect both guys and what they have done in their respective careers.I just don't see based on their ages and last performances how any rational fan could rank them ahead of Golovkin,Kovalev,Ward,Lomachenko,or Rigo. Far to often the mythical list seems as if it is a career achievement award instead of expressing the current landscape of the sport,I mean is Froch,Bradley,or Klinchko really 10 of the best fighters that the sport has to offer.

Floyd yes he should. He came in, fought like he always does, and dominated the guy ranked #2.

Manny, I don't know. He didn't really try to win because from the 1st punch he realized he was out classed by a much better fighter.

I would stick him at 9 or 10 as I still think he would defeat a lot of other opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
      I respect both guys and what they have done in their respective careers.I just don't see based on their ages and last performances how any rational fan could rank them ahead of Golovkin,Kovalev,Ward,Lomachenko,or Rigo. Far to often the mythical list seems as if it is a career achievement award instead of expressing the current landscape of the sport,I mean is Froch,Bradley,or Klinchko really 10 of the best fighters that the sport has to offer.

Eh until Floyd loses or retires I don't see how you can drop him from number 1. Manny's performances in recent years should have him out of the top ten at this point. He is 3 and 3 in his last six fights.

Comment

Mayweather yea. Pac no.

He's still top 10 though.

Comment

Yes. I don't see three fighters that you can confidently say are better than Pacquiao. Best arguments are for Chocolatito, Rigo, and Ward. But Ward is inactive, Rigo has beaten Donaire but no one else, and Gonzalez's competition hasn't been amazing either.

I think Floyd, Manny, Rigo, Gonzalez, and Ward are still the best five fighters in the world.

Comment

Mayweather stands on his own. Hes a top 10 ATG.

Pacquiao was a roid cheat with a hell of a marketing team.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
              the p4p list is always going to be a grey area. its always going to be a mix of raw talent, current, and past achievment. its just how things are.
              with that being said the list is always going to be subjective, so if you feel floyd and manny don't deserve it then its all good.
              but i dont get how ward and rigo would be top 5 p4p, doesn't that kind of defeat your arugment?

Comment

Working...
              X