No announcement yet.

Peterson and Berto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peterson and Berto

Anyone know what's the status on these two?

I don't care for Peterson that much but Berto was talking about this "truth" thing coming all out soon. Anyone knows what he was talking about? Any rumors or inside info? Maybe he has posted some more "hints" on his Twitter.

Peterson may have gotten his suspension already, I'm not sure. As far as Berto goes, he will probably have a hearing soon to determine whether he gets a suspension or not.

Comment

Both drug cheats who have been caught by mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Antagonist View Post
        Both drug cheats who have been caught by mayweather
        And Mayweather may be dirty himself.

Originally posted by Visceral View Post
        As far as Berto goes, he will probably have a hearing soon to determine whether he gets a suspension or not.
        Wonder if that's when the "truth" will come out.

Comment

they should fight each other with no random drug testing

Comment

Originally posted by Frozencat
            Peterson CONFESSED.

Berto did not. Athelethes with far less Nanderlone in their body have been absolved, because its actually true. It is possible, but unlikely, for meat or supplements to be tainted with this hormone, and the amount Berto had means its possible, but unlikely.

Nanderlone is mostly known to be used for healing injuries, so even though it is cheating, its not as bad as what Peterson did, and we don't know for sure if Berto was actually cheating, while Peterson has been caught has red handed as possible.

In short, Peterson needs to get a life ban, but Bertos situation is different, it shouldn't be conflated with Peterson's situation.
            Well, he confessed and tried to hide it at the same time. He won't get a life ban cause look at the other people who got caught dirty. They continued to fight. Also look at Margarito, he was also allowed to fight after a suspension. I rather someone take roids than hit me with loaded wraps I think.

I like Berto but if they dont have a good case for what happened Im gonna have to drop him.

Comment

Originally posted by Frozencat
              Yea, but Margarito had Bob Arum, and Freddie Roach on his side, remember Roaches testimony was considered critical to Marg getting a shorter ban. And Marg sold tickets made a lot of money, while Peterson does not, and has no big promo outfit to help him.

And the climate has changed a lot since FLoyd has been banging on about PEDS for the last three years. I'd imagine they'll want to make an example out of Peterson, and GB will be pushing for Peterson to get hit hard.

And finally, Margarito never admitted to using wraps on purpose, while Peterson lied about the PEDS, and then ADMITTED it. Thats the big difference people seem to be forgetting, rarely does an athlete get caught so cleanly that they confess. But a confession, obviously, leaves zero room for doubt. 100% guilty.

Marg and Berto still protest their innocence(both different sits, I know), so one can convievable think they might be innocent, but Peterson is done for. And a fighter of his low level of popularity, a 2 or 3 year ban at his age is pretty much a life time ban anyway. Didn't the hearing with the Nevada State Commission already happen? Whats taking so long for this to be resolved?
              I don't think I heard Roach's testimony. You're right tho, he did confess a ban for 2-3 years with his age is pretty devastating. But the kid has nothing and without boxing I don't think he will have any other source for income.

I thought the hearing happened already but your guess is as good as mine. I haven't heard anything about it yet.

Comment

These two get busted by standard testing methods, but how many morons are still convincing themselves that a certain Southeast Asian fighter is hiding something?

Comment

Mod should lock or delete this thread now. I got my answer and now it seems it's turning into a Pacquiao thread. Then after that it's gonna turn into a Mayweather thread. FFS this place is getting lame as ****.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgamessuck View Post
                    These two get busted by standard testing methods, but how many morons are still convincing themselves that a certain Southeast Asian fighter is hiding something?

Peterson and Berto did not get caught using Standard testing ,VADA is not standard testing,VADA does random and CIR testing which is not standard in boxing.

Your the Moron if you think Pacquiao is`nt dirty.
                    Last edited by boxingfeind; 06-02-2012, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X