Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ortiz beats Berto should we jump back on the bandwagon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
    Not necessarily. The reason why many of his fans turned their backs on him was because he became such a mental midget after the Maidana loss. I mean, alot of people were rooting for him in the Peterson fight but they got disappointed at the end because of the way Ortiz finished that fight.

Let's be clear. Ortiz can't beat Berto if he fights with the same mentality as he did in the Campbell and Peterson fight. This means that he will have to fight his heart out. The same fans who turned their backs on him have a legit reason to jump back on the bandwagon again because that's the Ortiz they became a fan of in the first place.
    Doesn't matter what he became, a fan is a fan, unless they just go with who ever is hot, and leave the fighter as soon as he gets cold. 95% of fans are like that.

How many times did Taylor get knocked out cold, and he's still my 2nd favorite fighter ever. Same with RJJ.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
      IMO, if you are not a fan of Ortiz now, then don't get on the bandwagon if he wins. That's being fake at it's finest. If you are a fan of fighter, you will be there in his worst times. Not leave when he's down, and come back when he's up. Every fighter has their ups and downs. True fans are those that defend them at all times.
      As long as they can hide behind that computer real honesty is not an option. Look at how many people claim they gave Morales a chance. Shot out ass posters on here.

Comment

Doesn't matter what he became, a fan is a fan, unless they just go with who ever is hot, and leave the fighter as soon as he gets cold. 95% of fans are like that.

How many times did Taylor get knocked out cold, and he's still my 2nd favorite fighter ever. Same with RJJ.
        Yeah, but Roy always fights his heart out.

Ortiz used to do that but stopped doing that. Did Roy completely change his fighting style and mentality after the losses?

Comment

Ortiz used to do that but stopped doing that. Did Roy completely change his fighting style and mentality after the losses?
          and how many l's has roy taken since? if your style doesnt favor winning then you should adapt it so that it does... besides ortiz style is still fan friendly.

Comment

Not sure. It will be interesting nonetheless. i think both are pretty evenly matched to be honest.

Comment

I have remained a Ortiz fan since the first time I saw him. The Maidana fight ending was definitely disappointing, but I have still been a fan of his. I still got Berto winning though.

Comment

Ortiz is only 2 years older than me, that is pretty young. You say "he use to" like he's now 43 and he doesn't deserve a second chance to change. And like he has no chance, to ever redeem himself.

Look, i'm not a Victor Ortiz supporter, I like him, but I am not a Ortiz supporter. I will always like him as a fighter though and I would root for him as long as he's not fighting fighters I support. I'm just saying though, you're either in or out. You're either a fan or not.

Edwin Valero killed his wife and his supporters didn't care about that. Victor Ortiz hasn't killed any one, he's a humble young boxer, who quit in one fight and all of a sudden every one hopped off the bandwagon. But a killer still gets praised.

Comment

By that definition, I'm a fan of Cotto and Katsidis. I'd mention Bradley as well, but he hasn't taken a loss yet for this rule to be applied.

Katsidis is a very entertaining fighter. I'll always be rooting for him. Cotto is self-explanatory. I've been a fan of Bradley ever since he took that monster punch from Kolt in the first round and kept his composure. I've always been sold on that guy becoming a huge force in boxing.

Ortiz is only 2 years older than me, that is pretty young. You say "he use to" like he's now 43 and he doesn't deserve a second chance to change. And like he has no chance, to ever redeem himself.

Look, i'm not a Victor Ortiz supporter, I like him, but I am not a Ortiz supporter. I will always like him as a fighter though and I would root for him as long as he's not fighting fighters I support. I'm just saying though, you're either in or out. You're either a fan or not.

Edwin Valero killed his wife and his supporters didn't care about that. Victor Ortiz hasn't killed any one, he's a humble young boxer, who quit in one fight and all of a sudden every one hopped off the bandwagon. But a killer still gets praised.
                  GREEN K! Great post!
                  Last edited by TintaBoricua; 04-13-2011, 04:48 PM.

Comment

IMO, if you are not a fan of Ortiz now, then don't get on the bandwagon if he wins. That's being fake at it's finest. If you are a fan of fighter, you will be there in his worst times. Not leave when he's down, and come back when he's up. Every fighter has their ups and downs. True fans are those that defend them at all times.
                    Very true, that is why I've remained a true fan of Montiel, Ortiz and Williams before and after their devastating losses

Comment

I don't know. Some one point me in the direction of any advantages that Ortiz has in this fight? Ortiz has some nice qualities, but Berto is just a fighter man.

Comment

Working...
                      X