Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes Lara better than Murray or Macklin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    I would have to disagree. The REAL reason Lara gets so much traction from the GGG hate squad is that they know full well that a GGG-Lara fight has about a .00001% chance of actually happening, for a myriad of reasons. So they are safe in running their mouths about how Lara would do this, or do that, or be the best opponent, GGG is ducking Lara, and blah blah blah, because the fight wont actually happen and prove them to be the idiots we already know they are......
    That's a good point, and i don't disagree :ANYWORD:

I have noticed the 'usuals' trying to put down Lara as someone who Golovkin is ducking. Which is ridiculous, and as you pointed out, more than likely down to it being a fight they know won't happen regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
      You want some reasons:

- Lara is totally unranked at MW, does not have one win over a genuine middleweight.

- Lara is so dull and cant even finish a guy that got knocked out by Cotto inside a couple rounds.

- He gets pummeled and knocked down multiple times by caveman Angulo.

- His best win is....Austin Trout who isnt even ranked in the top 10 at 154.

- He got outboxed by Carlos Molina and got gifted a draw.

- Almost all of Lara's fights have been extremely boring and a proven cure to insomnia.

- He took part in one of the worst fights in 2011 between him and "veteran" Vanes Martirosyan which eneded in a Draw.

- He does not bring any fans nor does he bring any money, but you can be sure that he is asking for alot of cash.

- He is with Al Haymon and as everyone knows its always a pleasure for HBO to deal with Haymon. Haymon is known to send off his fighters to rival networks to get embarrassed.

Actually here is one more, real reason for you

He never wanted to fight GGG, only his childish promoter is using Lara's twitter account to trashtalk and uses GGG's name to stay relevant, Lara himself is hiding behind Haymon and has no plan to even move up in weight, they never even contacted K2 or made a formal offer, but the usual GGG haters (97k bla bla) are running out of reasons to hate on GGG so they use the poor boring cuban.
      just for the record, as you said Lara never contacted K2, but instead Tom Loefler heard the claim from fans, and he throw one time the name of lara on the table, and it was Abel Sanchez the one who rejected the idea of that fight. all of this is on record, so any of you can check it out.

Damn Abel, I wanted that Lara to get blasted out.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
        3 pages and not a single person has said what makes Lara better than Murray or Macklin. Pathetic. Maybe losing to Paul Williams who was knocked out by Martinez makes him better, I don't know. Or Maybe it was getting knocked down by Angulo or his fight with Molina. Whatever it is, nobody has said. Techincal ability doesn't automatically make one fighter better than the other. Lara gets the benefit of the doubt because of his skin color.
        Lara got knocked down by Angulo and got up to stop him.

Macklin got knocked out cold by Jamie Moore.

Comment

lara has no wins over anybody at 160!

he's just a guy who people have built up into an avoided fighter [by middlewegiths no less ]

if you watch lara's fights against iffy 154 lbers and think he's got a shot to jump a weight class and compete with a p4per you're nuts

Comment

33 year old Lara is fighting Vanes in a couple of weeks.

Why come he isn't fighting a middleweight instead so that way he can show he really wants to fight GGG?

I mean, if I wanted a guy in a higher divison really bad, I wouldn't spend 3 years twitting my fingers and still fighting guys at 154 to prove my point. I woulnd't be fighting the guy I had a draw with 3 and a half years ago to show how much I wanted to fight a guy at 160.

I'd fight an actual middleweight.

So why is Lara fighting Vanes again?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                Lara doesn't seem a bit overhyped? We get people here saying Lara would be the best opponent GGG has ever faced, but nothing separates him from anyone else. Macklin and Murray, when they had faced GGG, had only lost to or drew with Martinez and Sturm. Lara has never faced anyone as good as Martinez or Sturm, but hes better than the guys who lost to them?

Something is not adding up when people say he would be GGGs best opponent ever. His best win is Austin Trout.

Oh I get it, Trout is better than Martinez and Sturm.
                I agree that resume wise there is not much separating them. But sometimes the eye test is all that's needed.

If you watch Lara box and think he's on the same level as a Murray or mackin (good fighters an tough competitors, no disrespect to them) then u don't know boxing

Comment

Originally posted by MalcolmSEX View Post
                  I agree that resume wise there is not much separating them. But sometimes the eye test is all that's needed.

If you watch Lara box and think he's on the same level as a Murray or mackin (good fighters an tough competitors, no disrespect to them) then u don't know boxing
                  So does Laras eye test beat anyone at 160? If so, why hasnt he done it if he wants to beat GGG so bad?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                    Lara has arguably never really been beat as a pro. The other guys have. Been stoops even. That's a start. He's also technically bets Ethan both of them combined.
                    easy, Murray arguably was never beaten as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
                      I think a big part of it is people would like to see GGG against a boxer with really good movement. Also, Lara has shown a willingness to fight anyone. He is not the type to shy away from a challenge. His style may present a challenge to GGG.

Based on the eye test alone, I believe he's better than Macklin and Murray. However, I don't believe he can move up and beat Golovkin.
                      Pretty much this ^. Lara is a technically better boxer than either Murray or Macklin - whether he would have much success at MW is a different question, but I suspect he'd do well. The main thing is he'd provide a different stylistic challenge to Golovkin that should make for an interesting fight. Personally I believe that GGG would beat him fairly easily, but that ain't a good reason for them not to fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X