Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Wade Registers As Most-Watched Cable TV Fight of 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    So it did those numbers going up against UFC ppv and NBA playoffs? Usually that's an excuse for why Showtime numbers are so poor. I'd love to see what the HBO free-views were, this show could've got anywhere from 2mill or more. Compare that to Spence/Algeri at 1.38k on NBC.
    What this shows is that Showtime and PBC ratings are literally in the toilet. Each NBC card sets new alltime lows for PBC and Showtime boxing is getting beat out in ratings to reruns of The Fight Game. They are producing about 25-50% of the ratings for boxing content compared to what they were doing just 1 and half years ago. When you lose over 50% of your viewers in 1 year there is wayyyyyyyyy more going on then there was another sporting event on that night LMAO
    Last edited by bigdunny1; 04-26-2016, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
      Why would Jake skew the numbers like that?

That's a few hundred thousand difference
      Thats where the Ward numbers came from...im not sure what his source for the GGG fight is

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        How many of y'all even read the article??? It says the 1.325m average figure does NOT include non-subscribers who took advantage of the free weekend, and even that number is the most watched boxing event of 2016. Also the 1.325m figure is for the main event only if I understand it correctly.
        haha seriously. Its no coincidence that the majority of people that didnt notice or read it are froid fans

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post

1.089 million confirmed.
          Damn, lying about 210k is a huge difference.

So Steve Kim just fabricated 210,000 people out of thin air...is he on HBO's payroll?

Comment

boxingscene needs to either update their story or explain where they getting those numbers. Because right now looks like they flat out lying! Off by a couple hundred thousand. SMH

Comment

Not bad nunbers at all when you consider this was one of the biggest MISMATCHES of the last 20+ years. This jus confirms no one cares about the opponent as long as GGG is fighting. I have no doubt in my mind Canelo vs. GGG fight would sale- out Dallas Stadium and do at least 2 million PPV buys. They need to fight in Sept. 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post

1.089 million confirmed.
                This site doesn't say if this is average ratings, peak ratings, or what these numbers even are.

Also the numbers don't even add up:
                Why is it that Males 18-49 + Females 18-49 = 1.02 is double People 18-49 (.51)?

Why is that Males 18-49 + People 50+ = 1.12 > Total viewership (1.089)? And that doesn't even include all of the groups of people.

Females (18-49) + Males (18-49) + People (>50) = 1.38m. But the Total is 1.089?

I think this chart was hastily put together, but idk maybe I'm just misunderstanding it.
                Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 04-26-2016, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  boxingscene needs to either update their story or explain where they getting those numbers. Because right now looks like they flat out lying! Off by a couple hundred thousand. SMH
                  These morons are talking about the average for the entire HBO broadcast and mixing it up with the actual Golovkin/Wade numbers. Gonzalez averaged 961k for a 12 round fight. Golovkin/Wade was a 2 round fight that averaged 1.3mil. Guess how that skews the overall average...

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                    This site doesn't say if this is average ratings, peak ratings, or what these numbers even are.

Also the numbers don't even add up:
                    Why is it that Males 18-49 + Females 18-49 = 1.02 is double People 18-49 (.51)?

Why is that Males 18-49 + People 50+ = 1.12 > Total viewership (1.089)? And that doesn't even include all of the groups of people.

Females (18-49) + Males (18-49) + People (>50) = 1.38m. But the Total is 1.089?

I think this chart was hastily put together, but idk maybe I'm just misunderstanding it.
                    It's never said any of that in the past either but the numbers always added up. It's the same site always used on here. I think if anyone's wrong it's almost certainly boxingscene and Steve Kim, not the unbiased site that has one job.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      What this shows is that Showtime and PBC ratings are literally in the toilet. Each NBC card sets new alltime lows for PBC and Showtime boxing is getting beat out in ratings to reruns of The Fight Game. They are producing about 25-50% of the ratings for boxing content compared to what they were doing just 1 and half years ago. When you lose over 50% of your viewers in 1 year there is wayyyyyyyyy more going on then there was another sporting event on that night LMAO
                      You hate boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X