Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What'd Mayweather Jr's resume potentially look like if he'd spent his career at 130?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he was really great at lower weights, too fast, too good and had a wonderful offense, combinations etc. too slick too. but as he rose into weight, he eventually evolve into a more defensive fighter and just being careful but then rising is the road to greatness. he wouldn't be as great as he is today if he stayed there.. but judging on resume, it would be still perfect in my opinion at 130. pac and prime morales would trouble him the most in the there.. pac's relentless pressure and he's a big 130 pounder rises up to 145 at fight night, and morales' style, his range and timing, and also very patient IMO.

Comment

What about De La Hoya? He gave mayweather problems when they fought at 154lbs, and I always thout De La Hoya was a beast in his early days. Apart from him I can't think of anyone, as has been said Mayweather was almost perfection at 130-140lbs.

I'd have loved to see a fight with him and Hamed happen just for the press confrences, 24/7s and the ring entrances.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        Corrales nowhere near outboxed casa. No way. I'm a huuuge corrales fan casa chopped him up in the first fight and i thought he won the second. He kd'd corrales and corrales didnt put casa down. Again, you shOw you never actually saw the fights.

Great fights though and way closer than the corrales-floyd fight. But chico wasnt going to jail after and all that other stuff.

To reiterate, casa could have beaten floyd. Im not saying he definitely wpuld at all, but ou cant tell me its a blowout. People need to stop sukin balls. Casa and stevie and castillo and manny and morales and them would have been threats.

If floyd stuck around a bit and smoked casa and stevie and mayhe frietas, he'd be the best sfw ever. I loved floyd vack then
        Of course I saw the fights. Corrales gave Casa HELL. Mayweather would have owned Casamayor.

Comment

If he fought all comers when they were champions he would have fought Marquez in 2007 and Pacquiao in 2008.That is the Mayweather that had been a welterweight for 3 or 4 years and was fighting Oscar and Hatton. I remember Floyd being very hard and lean with no extra weight for those fights.But under your fantasy he is taking his natural welterweight body down to 130 to face a pair of 130 lb monsters who are comfortable at 130. A prime Pac and a near prime Marquez against a badly weight drained Mayweather who would weigh the same as them in the ring. I think he would lose both of those fights and maybe by KO. He would have fought Casamayor in 2000 when he was still a natural junior lightweight so I think Floyd would win that fight by easy KO.If he had stayed at 130 then right now he would be training to fight Adrian Broner at 130. How do you think that fight would go?

Comment

I think Barrera gives Floyd a lot of trouble, that is a 50/50 fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              theres not a fighter in the modern era thats fought at 130 id pick over floyd. that version of floyd was the perfect blend of offense/defense/speed. he did everything on a a+ level.
              Couldn't have said it any better. Floyd at 130 was the supreme boxer. Had everything and like you said, did it on a A+ level.

Might have to go and re-watch some of his fights at 130.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                Sure, cuz floyd was spanking lefties at 130-135. Stevie is another one.

And dempsey, you have floyd over everyone fantasy fight wise for whatever reason, so why post?

Please note i already posted that floyd is a top 5 130 lb fighter already but lets be realistic here, at 130 he beat grinders and brawlers.
                Oh Rly? Every fantasy fight like who? Care to tell me? I rarely comment on fantasy fights nowadays and yea i don't think there's probably anyone in the world who beats the guy rite now but that's not always been the case. So please tell me about these fantasy fights
                ?

Comment

Working...
                X