Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Ricardo Lopez the most technically perfect boxer you've ever seen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Ricardo Lopez's game. He was a great highly skilled fighter.

Hes up there with Mayweather, Toney and Hopkins skillwise.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      I love Ricardo Lopez's game. He was a great highly skilled fighter.

Hes up there with Mayweather, Toney and Hopkins skillwise.
      I think he was more skilled than Toney and much more skilled than Hopkins. The guy had no flaws at all and the way he put his punches together was amazing. His defence, speed, reflexes and anticipation were all perfect.

Ricardo Lopez was the definition of a complete fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post

P.S - I have his career set on DVD and will upload it in the video section soon. I have about 21 of his fights. Anyone who is interested in boxing should check this guy out. He was an amazing boxer.
        Ricardo "Finito" Lopez Career Thread...

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...=ricardo+lopez

Comment

lopez reminds me of jmm

Comment

Could you imagine a Ricardo Lopez on lightweight/welterweight/middleweight/heavyweight? Do you think a boxer with Lopez's skills on the higher weight division can actually be GOAT?

Comment

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
              Could you imagine a Ricardo Lopez on lightweight/welterweight/middleweight/heavyweight? Do you think a boxer with Lopez's skills on the higher weight division can actually be GOAT?
              Without a shadow of a doubt. If somebody made 23 title defences and never lost, dominating and knocking out nearly everyone with such finesse like Lopez did, at 147, 154, 160 or even Heavyweight. It would be absolutley huge. Especially if the guy was American...

I consider Lopez, along with Mayweather Jr to be the two most skilled boxers of the last 20 years. It's a shame that neither get's their due credit from so called "boxing fans". Half of today's boxing fans probably don't even know Lopez.

Comment

:wank:

Comment

He was almost as good as Malignaggi
                  Last edited by Plaster...Sad.; 02-17-2011, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Finito was a Gem to watch. Everything executed perfectly, a fighter to learn from by watching how subtle he did it. Excellent balance and timing. Can't say enough good things about Lopez one of my all time favorites.

Those who critizice him never followed they weight and can't recognize some of the ppl he fought. He was naturally a small guy and I guess he never struggled to make weight. IMO at the time he should had been rated higher in the P4P list cause his style was simply that good.

Most of his KO was his technic, most guys fell on the canvass as he was still finishing a combination, simply good stuff

Comment

Working...
                    X