Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko May Big Bucks, Eyes an Immediate Title Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This kind of fight could be justified if there is a promotional opportunity to sell it as something like "the only time in the history of boxing" and there is a real demand for such a fight by TV networks. But I doubt that's the case, given that Lomachenko is not well known in the US yet.
    Otherwise it does not make sense to rush and it's much better to build him as a star gradually. Strength of competition is not so important here, much more important is promotional part of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by New England
      lomachenko is a terrific fighter, but he if gets a title shot that early he will get embarrassed.
      He will be firing his whole team after his first PROFESSIONAL fight if he somehow gets an immediate title shot.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I want this to happen so badly. I know Spinks got his belt in like 7 fights but what was the quickest to a title?

Comment

Don't these guys learn from guys like David Reid and Davey Moore and many others. This makes me wonder if he is just in it for the money, rather than taking the small fights to build up to 18-0 and get a title fight after that. Kind of like a chef who decides to turn the temperature way up on something he is cooking to get it baked faster and then ends up burning it.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            I want this to happen so badly. I know Spinks got his belt in like 7 fights but what was the quickest to a title?

Saensak Muangsurin did it in only 3 pro fights within a year of his debut, Veeraphol Sahaprom in 4.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Saensak Muangsurin did it in only 3 pro fights within a year of his debut, Veeraphol Sahaprom in 4.
              Sheeeesh. Man now I want this to happen even more.

Comment

And Fenech did it in his 7th fight but it doesn't make for good practice because most of the time, a fighter burns out fast.

Comment

he can beat gradovich first fight , that's reason he's touring with gradovich's manager

Comment

I could see him being moved quick but for his first fight I would say do an adjustment/showcase/espn level fight and maybe a second one with a higher level opponent. That would raise his profile a lot, then do a fight with a number 1 contender for one of the bodies then maybe the next fight for a title.

That would put him as a titlist in 4 fights, doing in the first fight would be a bit more notable but in 4 would still be very impressive and he would have more time to build up his profile.

Comment

pete rademacher the 1956 gold medalist fought floyd patterson for the world heavyweight title in is debut.

Comment

Working...
                      X