Khan/Judah struggling to sell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan/Judah struggling to sell

» stevemaxboxing Steve Kim
    Speaking of Vegas, I have a feeling that Khan-Judah is struggling a bit, given that the M'Bay is offering comp tickets to their players
    3 hours ago »

Attyg3 Matt Gollnick
    @ @stevemaxboxing Made zero sense to have that fight in Vegas, place was empty for Khan/Maidana too. Fight should've been on the east coast
    3 hours ago in reply to ↑

@stevemaxboxing
    Steve Kim @Attyg3 - agreed, that's what Kathy Duva was yelling for the whole time

3 hours ago via web

When i read an article about Goldenboy and Khan's people wanting the fight in Vegas, i was wondering why as well. i was there for Khan/Maidana and it wasnt even close to being sold out. Helluva fight tho. Atlantic City would have been perfect for this fight. Zab is from NY and whatever following Khan has from the UK could cross the pond in a non-stop flight. Kathy Duva even pointed it out. It makes goldenboy look stupid when they cant sell out a good fight. Oh well just hoping for a good scrap and a Judah win....

cool story bro.

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
      » stevemaxboxing Steve Kim
      Speaking of Vegas, I have a feeling that Khan-Judah is struggling a bit, given that the M'Bay is offering comp tickets to their players
      3 hours ago »

Attyg3 Matt Gollnick
      @ @stevemaxboxing Made zero sense to have that fight in Vegas, place was empty for Khan/Maidana too. Fight should've been on the east coast
      3 hours ago in reply to ↑

@stevemaxboxing
      Steve Kim @Attyg3 - agreed, that's what Kathy Duva was yelling for the whole time

3 hours ago via web

When i read an article about Goldenboy and Khan's people wanting the fight in Vegas, i was wondering why as well. i was there for Khan/Maidana and it wasnt even close to being sold out. Helluva fight tho. Atlantic City would have been perfect for this fight. Zab is from NY and whatever following Khan has from the UK could cross the pond in a non-stop flight. Kathy Duva even pointed it out. It makes goldenboy look stupid when they cant sell out a good fight. Oh well just hoping for a good scrap and a Judah win....
      Zab wanted this fight somewhere else and as usual the inbreds made another stupid decision

Comment

Well, Zab doesnt wanna promote the fight, what you expect to happen if he not doing any media?

I have a feeling this will be the last time we see Zab on HBO.

Comment

Should have put it in NJ. Judah is a bigger draw in America. Ortiz, Maidana and Malignaggi did the drawing for Khan in his last two events over here.

Comment

What is the capacity at Mandalay Bay?

Not exactly a football stadium to sell out after all!

Comment

Yeah this fight was tailor made for the east coast. The only thing I can think of is that they were scared that if it were close that Zab might actually get the judgement in AC or something. Its unfortunate that MSG is still undergoing renovations because I would have loved to see the fight there as well.

Comment

I'm sure Golden Boy's mentality is that the more exciting/big fights Khan has in Vegas then eventually people will jump on the bandwagon and adopt him just like they adopted DLH.

Comment

Not only are Khans skills overrated on here, but his fan base is as well. Khan is not a draw, sorry, he just isn't. I don't like Khan at all. I think he is a good fighter, far from great(he isn't a cut above the rest) but what really holds him back in my eyes is his personality. Khan has always rubbed me the wrong way, like he tries to be something he isn't. It's hard to put my finger on it but he just isn't what he or the boxing media/fanbase make him out to be. I guess I would sum it up by saying Khan isn't a special fighter. He can't even hold Hattons jock strap.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
                    Zab wanted this fight somewhere else and as usual the inbreds made another stupid decision
                    Khan was down to fight in AC, it was Schaeffer that insisted on Vegas. GBP doesn't have anywhere near the presence out East as they do out West

Comment

Working...
                    X