No announcement yet.

Has Broner's chin been tested?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itsafight View Post
    Just curious because of those rumours of him getting flattened in sparring plus the fact that he didn't walk down Malignaggi like Hatton and Khan did, he seemed a bit cautious lmao.
    I don't think his chin has ever been tested in a fight. Probably been tested in sparring like always. And he wasn't cautious vs Malignaggi at all. He didn't really fight with a game plan as it seemed like he was trying to force a KO.
    Last edited by Bushidō; 08-14-2013, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Verstyle View Post
      So many posters on here claim to be boxing fans and dont know jack **** about the sport.
      I think we understand Brohner is 100 times the athlete we are but if that somehow makes all our opinions moot then why have a message board discussing boxing?

I understand Brohner has trained against other trained boxers but is it that out of the question for any one who follows boxing to say that Adrian has never faced a puncher?

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
        I think we understand Brohner is 100 times the athlete we are but if that somehow makes all our opinions moot then why have a message board discussing boxing?

I understand Brohner has trained against other trained boxers but is it that out of the question for any one who follows boxing to say that Adrian has never faced a puncher?
        No man who has boxed since a child has never faced a puncher,that isnt even possible

Comment

The questions asked on this board are boarder lined ******ed,it's like asking has a pro basketball player ever had to guard a lighting quick player,or has someone who has played football his entire life ever been tackled.it is dumb,the man fights for a living damn right he has been chin checked

Comment

No man who has boxed since a child has never faced a puncher,that isnt even possible
            But I think we a referring to a championship level of boxing. There is a diffrence for example Paulie Malinaggi im sure could knock out low level journeymen but at a championship level? Not so much!

Comment

The questions asked on this board are boarder lined ******ed,it's like asking has a pro basketball player ever had to guard a lighting quick player,or has someone who has played football his entire life ever been tackled.it is dumb,the man fights for a living damn right he has been chin checked
              And nobody is disputing your analogy and you make a good point but that doesn't mean that the observation that Brohner has never fought a championship level fighter that has a championship level punch is wron. You don't need to be a boxer to make that observation. But does Brohner have a tougher chin when compared to your average man? Of course he does nobody is disputing that.

Comment

No, not like Maidana will test it if Broner signs the contract to fight Maidana. He is a welterweight now so a hard punching welterweght needs to test his chin. Paulie has no real power for a welterweight but Maidana does.

Comment

There aren't that many "punchers" out there right now! What great puncher has Floyd faced? Its funny that some fans think if a fighter gets stopped he has a weak chin! Now if heb has 30 fights with 10 loses and he's been stopped 8 times then the weak chin theory might fit!!!
                  Manny been stopped and just suffered a brutal KO loss does he have a weak chin?

Broner will have his tests coming up soon. His camp is moving him around the 140 to 147 mark put him in safe for now, got 12 rounds in with a mover and he's still under 25 yrs old!
                  I agree he better learn to shut his mouth in the ring (and out of it too) but their his lessons to learn! He could box well enough and he wants to fight so we'll see how good he is soon enough!
                  As a wise man once said "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" its a real bad plan if the gib is wide open! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                    But I think we a referring to a championship level of boxing. There is a diffrence for example Paulie Malinaggi im sure could knock out low level journeymen but at a championship level? Not so much!
                    Championship boxers from different weight classes spar each other ALL THE TIME,this is common knowledge,boxers are very familiar with each other and know each others flaws do to the fact they have sparred and or trained in the same gym

Comment

Championship boxers from different weight classes spar each other ALL THE TIME,this is common knowledge,boxers are very familiar with each other and know each others flaws do to the fact they have sparred and or trained in the same gym
                      I agree with this completely.

Comment

Working...
                      X