No announcement yet.

Marquez Wants More Money Than Manny

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquez Wants More Money Than Manny

WBA and IBF Featherweight Champion Juan Manuel Marquez wants more money for his fight against Manny Pacquiao.

The two are scheduled to meet in a rematch on February 26th in Las Vegas. But Marquez’s manager Ignacio “Nacho” Beristain is still insisting that Juan must get the lion’s share of the purse to befit his status as the champion. [details]

Originally posted by Rick Reeno
    WBA and IBF Featherweight Champion Juan Manuel Marquez wants more money for his fight against Manny Pacquiao.

The two are scheduled to meet in a rematch on February 26th in Las Vegas. But Marquez’s manager Ignacio “Nacho” Beristain is still insisting that Juan must get the lion’s share of the purse to befit his status as the champion. [details]
    Though Marquez holds the WBA and IBF belts in the featherweight, surely he's not as a prizecatch as Pacquiao is right now. Nor he has the 'class-A' skill, as Pacquiao has presently showed to the boxing world. If he feels he is a true champ, then that's his and nobody can take that out from him. But if he or his camp thinks he deserves to have a better payday than Pacquiao, then he or his camp is absolutely out of his or their mind. His last fights is not even impressive as Pacquiao's.

There are four (4) justifiable reasons why he should go home with less purse than Pacquiao on their return bout. The basis on this is their first encounter.

One, he was just purely lucky to have survived in the first round. He was on the canvass thrice in this round. No other opponent had done that to him other than Pacquiao. He will live up to it as along as he lives.

Two, he was too fortunate that on his third knockdown Pacquiao injured his own fatal left hand. Here, Pacquiao never had the finishing touches on him. But still from 2nd to the last round, he never had threatened Pacquiao up to the last dying seconds.

Three, he was too thankful that one of the three judges irresponsibly gave a scoreboard favorable to him which resulted to a draw. That judge deserves to be penalized for the rest of his life, for Pacquiao to get even.

Their first enoucounter says it all.

And four, his last fight is not as impressive as Pacquiao's. That's no doubt.

The Marquez team's purse demand is expected. For they all know that they will be in a loosing side. For they all know that their fighter will again take punishment from Pacquiao. For them, the only way their fighter can get back from the expected beatings by Pacquiao is an 'attractive purse'. It's just an indirect approach. They are simply implying to the boxing world that they will agree to have their fighter physically beaten-up by Pacquiao on their rematch only if there is a good pay for it.

So why not just let the scheduled rematch of the two to roll naturally and smoothly. Obviously, team Marquez is too afraid to face team Pacquiao for the second time around. That's simply granting without admitting.

Comment

As I had posted in another thread, if both camps are confident of winning, the why not make it WINNER-TAKES-ALL!!

Then we'll see who's really CONFIDENT!!

Comment

Originally posted by fist-of-fury
        As I had posted in another thread, if both camps are confident of winning, the why not make it WINNER-TAKES-ALL!!

hehe I think all fights should be WINNER-TAKES-BIGGEST-PURSE.

Comment

Originally posted by .::|ULTIMATE|::.
          hehe I think all fights should be WINNER-TAKES-BIGGEST-PURSE.
          That would also be cool!!

Comment

Actually, I think JMM has every right to ask for more money..definately!

Comment

Originally posted by tracylee
              Actually, I think JMM has every right to ask for more money..definately!

Like Winky on Trinidad??

Nah!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chupacola
                Like Winky on Trinidad??

Nah!!
                Winky doesnt have the drawing power that either Tito or JMM have, but thats just my opinion...so that doesnt mean necessairly that I'm right. I do think I'm right about Tito atleast..that guy brings the people in, and I'd pay ppv price to watch him without any regret, but I cant say that about Winky

Comment

Originally posted by fist-of-fury

I've often wondered why fight purses can't be negotiated like:

Winner = 70%
                  Loser = 30%

Especially in situations like this where each guy has a legitimate argument for wanting more money.

Comment

Originally posted by Champoreeno
                    I've often wondered why fight purses can't be negotiated like:

Winner = 70%
                    Loser = 30%

Especially in situations like this where each guy has a legitimate argument for wanting more money.
                    Yes, indeed. But if both camps doesn't want to blink, then it's always back to square one! The result is that both are losers, as there's no fight in the first place.

How about a 'TOSS COIN'????

Comment

Working...
                    X