No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley Closes Camp, Prepared To Hit Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
    Wessy lad, you've missed the chance to blare that Arum has fixed the judges; that he's bought a split decision which will keep MannyP in the winning column but also enhance Bradley's reputation?? it was all set up for you.

How did you come to miss this?? Lost opportunity....
    Hey eddy, hows life?

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
      Well I'll start off by saying, Pac couldn't KO Mosley because he was on his bicycle. I agree about JMM, though.

I agree that Bradley is going to give Pac a lot of problems. If I was a betting man, I'd put my money on Bradley, but I'm not too sure about the judges and I don't see Tim KO'ing Pac.
      Oh yeah, I'm with you about the judges but I think there are other things at play that could lead to the judges not being bought off. Things that would be better for Arum in the long run...that's the only reason I would venture to bet on Bradley in the first place. Even if the judges rip him off, I am confident that he will put up a performance such that Pac will not look incredible like this fight is supposed to make him look. Bradley has been studying tape of Pac for years, I doubt he is going to come in swinging wildly. Bradley has a tendency to get wild but there are other things that I see that he does that takes away the advantages that these other guys may have, subtle things.

Roach is slipping and it may be age or his disease but his assessments aren't as "on-point" as they used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Oh yeah, I'm with you about the judges but I think there are other things at play that could lead to the judges not being bought off. Things that would be better for Arum in the long run...that's the only reason I would venture to bet on Bradley in the first place. Even if the judges rip him off, I am confident that he will put up a performance such that Pac will not look incredible like this fight is supposed to make him look. Bradley has been studying tape of Pac for years, I doubt he is going to come in swinging wildly. Bradley has a tendency to get wild but there are other things that I see that he does that takes away the advantages that these other guys may have, subtle things.

Roach is slipping and it may be age or his disease but his assessments aren't as "on-point" as they used to be.
        dude your gonna have alot of explaining to do after the fight. calling random judges paid off, saying Bradley will get robbed, building Bradley up from every angle. you should be a promoter with that kind of attitude.

Comment

War Manny Pacquiao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Supremium View Post
            dude your gonna have alot of explaining to do after the fight. calling random judges paid off, saying Bradley will get robbed, building Bradley up from every angle. you should be a promoter with that kind of attitude.
            Come on, you've never seen a ripoff on a TR card?

Arum could pay the judges off or he could cash in on Pac because he is about to either retire or leave Arum anyways.

Bradley is not a scrub and if David Diaz, Clottey, Mosley, and Marquez can last with Pac, then Bradley should be able to as well.

I think Bradley can do it, I think things are just right for him to be able to win, and I feel that Pac and his people are sleeping on Bradley.

If Pac smashes him, then well......it was expected to a degree according to a lot of posters here. I would say Pac is a straight beast (I am a big Pac fan by the way but I'm a bigger Bradley fan) and that he is pretty much unbeatable. I remember catching flack for saying Manny was innocent of the roids stuff because there was no proof that he was on anything like 2 years ago.

The same stuff was being said about JMM not more than 7 months ago and we see what happened there...styles make fights but the bottom line is that was a 38 year old man that did that to Pac.

I believe that Bradley can to big things, I'll support the guy till the end and if he loses, I'll still support him. He has been the underdog his entire career, still wining though.

Comment

There are only two ways for Bradley to beat Pac, a KO or cut him after 3 rounds and take advantage of it. We all know bigger guys couldn't put away Pac and Bradley's KO ratio against lighter guys are almost non-existent. Bradley knows he needs to use his third weapon which is head which I predict will happen after the the 3rd round.If this fight goes to the the judges hand with no blood spilling, Pac will win the bout. If Bradley thinks he's a muscle man and can take Pac's punches, he will lose just like the last rest that underestimated Manny. So far, JMM was the only smart boxer that really gave Pac a hard time. If Bradley can be as smart as JMM while in the ring and combined that with his strength then Pac can forget Jr. But since Tim's too excited and too nervous, it's pretty obvious that he will hold his breath while swinging away and looks to me, Bradley will beat Bradley. Not really sure if he's really confident enough otherwise he would have accepted Khan's challenge, although declining Khan was good business decision; challenging yourself will only make you a better fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by iloveboxing2 View Post
                There are only two ways for Bradley to beat Pac, a KO or cut him after 3 rounds and take advantage of it. We all know bigger guys couldn't put away Pac and Bradley's KO ratio against lighter guys are almost non-existent. Bradley knows he needs to use his third weapon which is head which I predict will happen after the the 3rd round.If this fight goes to the the judges hand with no blood spilling, Pac will win the bout. If Bradley thinks he's a muscle man and can take Pac's punches, he will lose just like the last rest that underestimated Manny. So far, JMM was the only smart boxer that really gave Pac a hard time. If Bradley can be as smart as JMM while in the ring and combined that with his strength then Pac can forget Jr. But since Tim's too excited and too nervous, it's pretty obvious that he will hold his breath while swinging away and looks to me, Bradley will beat Bradley. Not really sure if he's really confident enough otherwise he would have accepted Khan's challenge, although declining Khan was good business decision; challenging yourself will only make you a better fighter.

Khan refused to fight him to begin with earlier in the year. Tim is smart, he knew that Khan had more momentum and as you alluded to, Tim doesn't have a lot of KO's. If the fight went to the cards, Tim knew there was a high probability that Khan would get the decision regardless. If he was going to get jobbed by the judges, at least let him earn 5 or more million dollars and lose against the best p4p in the process.

Look at Bradley's situation compared to Khan's.........who would you rather be?

Comment

Come on, you've never seen a ripoff on a TR card?

Arum could pay the judges off or he could cash in on Pac because he is about to either retire or leave Arum anyways.

Bradley is not a scrub and if David Diaz, Clottey, Mosley, and Marquez can last with Pac, then Bradley should be able to as well.

I think Bradley can do it, I think things are just right for him to be able to win, and I feel that Pac and his people are sleeping on Bradley.

If Pac smashes him, then well......it was expected to a degree according to a lot of posters here. I would say Pac is a straight beast (I am a big Pac fan by the way but I'm a bigger Bradley fan) and that he is pretty much unbeatable. I remember catching flack for saying Manny was innocent of the roids stuff because there was no proof that he was on anything like 2 years ago.

The same stuff was being said about JMM not more than 7 months ago and we see what happened there...styles make fights but the bottom line is that was a 38 year old man that did that to Pac.

I believe that Bradley can to big things, I'll support the guy till the end and if he loses, I'll still support him. He has been the underdog his entire career, still wining though.
                  alright mann, let me break this down for you. first of all the judges are appointed by the state boxing commission, not the promoter or their organization. if you wanna talk robberies under top promoters then i'll give a couple of non-top rank fights. Lara vs. Williams (Goldenboy & Goosen) Khan vs. Peterson, Froch vs. Dirrell, Martinez vs. Cintron. i could go on all day on how bias you are being towards Top Rank but i thats not the topic here.
                  Bradley's defense is simple, put your head down to avoid facial damage. and i just watched the Alexander fight. Bradley walked through his punches instead of avoiding them. he bullied Devon to the ropes cause he knows how to rough his opponents up. his punches were slow not fast and his footwork is overrated. im sorry but your guy is getting stopped, good fight but stopped.
                  JMM fought the fight to survive rather than beat him. everytime Marq hit Manny, he would sprint backwards when Pacq tried to make a fight. when Pacq hit Juan the crowd wouldn't make a peep. but the other way around you would hear Mexican fans scream. the HBO highlights keep showing Pacquiao countering Marquez's counters over and over again. when Marquez finally came forward in the 12th he almost got overpowered and knocked down.
                  Last edited by Lord Supremium; 06-03-2012, 10:32 PM. Reason: more to it

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Supremium View Post
                    alright mann, let me break this down for you. first of all the judges are appointed by the state boxing commission, not the promoter or their organization. if you wanna talk robberies under top promoters then i'll give a couple of non-top rank fights. Lara vs. Williams (Goldenboy & Goosen) Khan vs. Peterson, Froch vs. Dirrell, Martinez vs. Cintron. i could go on all day on how bias you are being towards Top Rank but i thats not the topic here.
                    Bradley's defense is simple, put your head down to avoid facial damage. and i just watched the Alexander fight. Bradley walked through his punches instead of avoiding them. he bullied Devon to the ropes cause he knows how to rough his opponents up. his punches were slow not fast and his footwork is overrated. im sorry but your guy is getting stopped, good fight but stopped
                    I'm glad you are confident in that. Bradley did what he needed to do in the Alexander fight, just as he will do what he needs to do in the Pac fight. Your comments exemplify my point exactly......a lot of judges can be bought off, it's not that tough. Bringing up the Martinez fight is lol to me....I bitched about that decision for months...biased towards top rank......I always complain about robberies...where you been?

I will give Pac full credit if he stops Bradley, will you give Bradley credit if he makes Pac look suspect or beats him?

Comment

Bradley has a good defense. I not saying anything is easy against Pac but Bradley isn't some scrub, he is one of the best fighters in the world and he is 28 years old. Mosley was running but staying at a distance and using angles isn't running. Tim fights to the level of his comp....Casa couldn't compete and Bradley beat him down like he was supposed to do. I'm saying Bradley has the tools, the midset and the drive. Pac has too many things going on outside the ring and most of the stuff involving the ring has so much drama with it that he can't concentrate on this 100%.

If they don't blow Bradley out in 2 rds, this is NOT going to be a fight that Pac, Roach and the rest of his team will be happy they took.
                      lol he couldnt even take him out, **** was boring as hell

Comment

Working...
                      X