No announcement yet.

Great Moment In Boxing...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Moment In Boxing...

April 15, 1985, Las Vegas. Doc wants to stop Hagler-Hearns due to bad cut on Hagler's forehead. Calls for a break in the action, has Marvin come to the neutral and asks him if he can see. Hagler says, "I ain't missing him am I?" Doc let it go. Marvin stopped Tommy shortly after as I recall.

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
    April 15, 1985, Las Vegas. Doc wants to stop Hagler-Hearns due to bad cut on Hagler's forehead. Calls for a break in the action, has Marvin come to the neutral and asks him if he can see. Hagler says, "I ain't missing him am I?" Doc let it go. Marvin stopped Tommy shortly after as I recall.
    unlike todays kids

devon alexander for example, squinting out of the wrong eye after a butt lmao...

fishing for the NCs

Comment

Tokyo, 1964: Heavyweight Buster Mathis qualified to represent the U.S. at 1964 Games but was forced to withdraw with a broken knuckle. Mathis' misfortune opened the door for Joe Frazier, who went on to win the only Gold for the U.S. at those Olympics. Frazier edged West Germany's Hans Huber in the final despite fighting with a broken hand.

Comment

I love the fact that Hagler, under heavy fire from Tommy's lightning bolts, said what he said....

Comment

God bless America

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDsuwYtY1RA

Comment

Originally posted by LatinKing416 View Post
            unlike todays kids

devon alexander for example, squinting out of the wrong eye after a butt lmao...

fishing for the NCs
            a solid headbutt can do funny things to you. It can blur your vision or send sharp pain pin pointed around your eye. I'm not saying that Alexander experienced this aa a fact but it is very possible.........Rockin'

Comment

Best moment in boxing is when Mike Tyson stomped out Don King, as described in the Tyson Documentary, after learning he beat him for a ton of cash. Not sure which is better, the beating, or hearing Tyson describe it.

Comment

Larry Holmes jumping off the car is still #1 in all boxing history.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
                  I think an ailing Ali lighting the olympic torch is one of the greatest moment in boxing; boxing's atg doing proud opening the olympics events

Comment

GREAT MOMENT IN BOXING is brought you to by......

Comment

Working...
                    X