No announcement yet.

Humberto Soto vs. Jesus Chavez for Dec. 19th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humberto Soto vs. Jesus Chavez for Dec. 19th

In what is sure to make his fans happy, a change of plans for Humberto “Zorrita” Soto’s end of the year bout has been announced.
    Antonio “Cañitas” Lozada, manager of the two time world champion, announced that Soto, of Los Mochix, MX, will face the also two time world champion Jesus “Matador” Chavez on December 19th in either Soto’s home state of Sinaloa or in the state of Mexico.
    “We weren’t able to solidy the plans for Soto’s fifth defense of his title for the beginning of December as we had planned,” Lozada mentioned. “Despite of that, with this new date and new opponent, we are all winners.”

Soto, who currently holds the WBC super featherweight title, is already training under the watchful eye of Bobby Quirarte in Tijuana, MX.

“It is going to be a tough fight but it will give us a measuring stick for what awaits us in the lightweight division,” Lozada added.

The Soto-Chavez bout is scheduled for ten lightweight rounds and Soto’s hometown of Los Mochis, MX, is a heavy favorite to be home of the event.

Soto holds a record of 49-7-2, 32KO while Chavez has ammassed a ledger of 44-6, 30KO.

Source: FlGHTNEWS

What a garbage ass fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
      Thats what I thought, Chavez has looked like **** in his past few fights and Soto is wasting time as a titlist.

Comment

I feel sorry for Jesus Chavez.

Humberto Soto is the truth.

:mangler:

Comment

Originally posted by Jack D Ripper View Post

I think he is too. But the sad thing is Arum won't let him prove it. He keeps matching him up against these bums, and it proves absolutely nothing. At least he stays active though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack D Ripper View Post

he's lucky valero couldnt get a visa & medical clearance in vegas, otherwise he would have been .

Comment

Chavez put up a good fight against David Diaz, but this fight is still terrible.

Comment

In some ways it's an interesting fight but Chavez is quite past it. Chavez could make things a bit interesting if he's able to push Soto back though.

Comment

Chavez is a shopworn walking medical miracle that should retire. I fear for his long-term health at the hands of a prime Soto.

Comment

Chavez is going to be pummeled. I would have liked this fight a few years back when Chavez was still a threat, now it's a mismatch and a waste of Soto's time.

Comment

Working...
                    X