No announcement yet.

If Things Don't Go as Planned with Hatton Pac Floyd and Jmm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Things Don't Go as Planned with Hatton Pac Floyd and Jmm

Alright so the most looked forward to of future "Mega Fights" in addition to so called "Tuneups" depend on what happens with these 4 fighters. I understand what the ideal and decidedly most probable outcome of this is; Pac beats Hatton, Floyd fights and JMM and beats him then fights Pac in "The Super Mega Fight of All Time".....I get all of that, but we don't live in an ideal world and any thing can happen. Hatton actually does have a good chance of beating Pac and should he do this I think a proposed Floyd/JMM fight may be off. Notice Floyd isn't actually going to sign for a fight with him if he does at all until after the Hatton/Pac fight. If Pac loses, Floyd may have to rethink his options and JMM isn't just going to wait around for him to make up his mind, hes getting older and the clock is ticking. He may fight at top 140lb fight, most likely a belt holder either that or Pac again. Hatton/Floyd2 may not be where Floyd wants to go as there is not much demand for this so I don't know what both of those fighters would do now.....Does anyone have any ideas on the state of future fights if upcoming fights & deals don't go as they are "supposed" to?

Realistically, if one thing went wrong, I'd want it to be that Marquez beat Mayweather. He deserves to win that big of a fight, it's really got nothing much to do with Floyd at all.

Then, Hatton could still lose to Pacquiao and JESUS, what a capper on the Marquez-Pacquiao trilogy THAT would be.

However, it's most likely going to be Mayweather-Pacquiao sometime near December.

Comment

Originally posted by ..Calderon... View Post
      Realistically, if one thing went wrong, I'd want it to be that Marquez beat Mayweather. He deserves to win that big of a fight, it's really got nothing much to do with Floyd at all.

Then, Hatton could still lose to Pacquiao and JESUS, what a capper on the Marquez-Pacquiao trilogy THAT would be.

However, it's most likely going to be Mayweather-Pacquiao sometime near December.
      I know what is most likely to happen but I think Floyd is banking on Pac winning....and if he doesn't the blueprint changes.

Comment

i think it would be better for the sport if it didnt go according to the master plan....boxing would suck if it became this predictable, like some think it is recently.

Comment

4 possible outcomes

Best
          Mayweather Wins & Pacquiao Wins (Paquiao v Mayweather Mega fight)

Next Best
          Pacquiao Wins & Marquez Wins (Pacquiao v Marquez III)

Next Best
          Hatton Wins & Marquez Wins (Hatton v Marquez)

WORST
          Mayweather wins & Hatton wins (noone wants to see Mayweather v Hatton II)

Comment

The thing is that even if they wion their Fights, People tihnk that Pacquiao-FLoyd will automatically happend.

Ann I think what will happend, if that Pacquiao will fight Cotto(By the way, not saying I agree with the fight, I prefer Cotto vs Mosley).

Because, if you think it closely. Cotto vs Pacquiao, will make more money for Pacquiao and Arum than a FLoyd fight, because Cotto is a good draw, and Pacquiao will become a Mega draw after hatton, so a fight with Cotto will sell very good. Plus the fact, that Pacquiao will get the bigger split like 60-40 for him and Arum, will keep FLoyd from getting a mega fight. You know the beef between the 2.

I think if Pac beats Hatton and Cotto, Clottey it will go Cotto-Pacquiao and the Winner of JMM-FLoyd will have to fight Mosley and the winner of Pacquiao-Coto and JMM/FLoyd winner meets in the end.

Thats what I think, and it will be fair for everybody too.

But like you said, in the end after all the fights, we might have JMM and Mosley standing,, who knows!

Comment

Originally posted by DarchinyFAN View Post
              4 possible outcomes

Best

Next Best

Next Best

WORST
              I completely agree.

Comment

Originally posted by DarchinyFAN View Post
                4 possible outcomes

Best

Next Best

Next Best

WORST
                Your worst case scenario could realistically happen, but if Hatton beats Pacquiao I have serious doubts that we will even have a Floyd/JMM.

Comment

By the way,, I took Hatton of the equation because he said he only wants to fight JMM or FLoyd, and he might not even get pas pac!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i personally dont think marquez-floyd will happen....does anybody else believe that?

Comment

Working...
                    X