No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shaw Not Happy With Kellerman "Ignoring" Geale

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
    That was hilarious, I always enjoy the awkward interviews of GGG but we have to understand he is still learning and he has at least tried to make the effort to learn the language unlike many, many other professional boxers who reside in USA.

A referees job I always assumed was to be able to look for things in a fighter after they get hurt and to see a fighter shaking his head like that...
    He looked like a beaten man he wasn't winning any rounds and he was just being systematically shut down.
    Perhaps the referee did Geale a favour because If he did continue after that extremely hard knock-down who knows what would have followed with the next barrage of punches.

I don't see what is the big deal though the winner always gets interviewed first regardless of the dialect between them Geale showed disrespect to the fans of the show by not waiting his turn.

ya i used to just think it was his bad english but i think he really is this way. He reminds me of a serial killer or somethin like all good boy talk smiling the way he does then goes home a butchers people lhaahahahahahaha. His interviews are for sure part his appeal tho its funny

Comment

Geale was leaving the ring when the Golovkin interview finished. If you want to argue Golovkin's interview should have been cut short like Pump is saying, okay, but they didn't ignore Geale. They were interviewing the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Geale was leaving the ring when the Golovkin interview finished. If you want to argue Golovkin's interview should have been cut short like Pump is saying, okay, but they didn't ignore Geale. They were interviewing the winner.
        Im not saying cut it short, I'm saying they should have brought Geale in to be part of the interview.

Comment

The post fight interview with Golovkin wasn't longer then usual, Shaw doesn't know what he's talking about and should have told his fighter to just have a bit of patience.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Im not saying cut it short, I'm saying they should have brought Geale in to be part of the interview.
            Give 3G a chance to be magnanimous, show respect for a vanquished warrior. 3G knows that the same way his blows are landing, maybe one day... 3G would not mind, probably pleased to see the guy OK I'm sure.

Comment

Here's a radical concept for Shaw: Wait till the end of the interview. The fact is, Geale declined to wait for the interview and left. But Max could have brought Geale into the fold but I think this was all about the GGG show.
              Last edited by richardt; 07-27-2014, 04:30 PM.

Comment

HBO used geale as cannon fodder to showcase golovkin. The whole way he was treated was wrong. Thats why I prefer showtime. Jim Gray would never do that. The announcers are fair and are objective. They were very complementary of lomachencko and hes a HBO fighter could you imagine if a showtime fight was to be on HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  With all due respect, it was quite apparent that Golovkin only half understood everything Kellerman was asking. He even responded once or twice with answers that had zero to do with the questions being asked. When Golovkin started drifting away from the questions, he should have brought Geale in there to talk about Golovkin or at the very least directed his questions to the translator to Golovkin's left side to get more appropriate answers instead of 'it's good, that's good, this is a fight, this not game.'
                  Sorry Poppa, but GGG's interviews are priceless, they are part of the ticket npw. Him not understand half the questions doesn't make a difference to my enjoyment.

It was not like the interview went on for 10 minutes, it was only 3.
                  Last edited by Porter's Dad; 07-27-2014, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Anyone who stops an Australian accent being broadcast is doing a fine job imo.

Comment

In fairness to Geale, his dizzy a$$ probably thought the interview took 20 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                      X