No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox: Narvaez's Activity Far Below Bantam Average

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: CompuBox: Narvaez's Activity Far Below Bantam Average

Did Omar Narvaez come to New York to win or survive against WBC/WBO bantamweight champion Nonito Donaire? He threw 24 punches per round and landed 6. The bantamweight average is 60 thrown per round. [Click Here To Read More]

Very low accuracy from Donaire. Given his height, reach and weight advantages one would think he would be far more dominant than last night.
    Last edited by Main Source; 10-23-2011, 03:57 PM.

Comment

the Carmen Basilio look alike speaks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHKGa..._order&list=UL

Comment

Originally posted by Main Source View Post
        Very low accuracy from Donaire. Given his height, reach and weight advantages one would think he would be far more dominant than last night.
        a lot of the punches donaire was throwing was hitting omar's gloves because he had that high guard defense for much of the fight. so i'm not surprised his connect % isn't that high, but he still landed much more than omar.

Comment

Amazing!! Nonito threw 367 more punches than Narvaéz, but only landed 25 more!!! It wasn't that Nonito wasn't accurate, but more like that Narvaéz has great defense & wasn't really opening up to battle..& the reason it seems like Narvaéz was more accurate was because Nonito was swinging away trying to make Narvaéz fight & at times leaving himself open & vulnerable to counter punches & Narvaéz took advantage of that a few times..If Nonito would have gone to the body from the very beginning it would have been a different fight..

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
            a lot of the punches donaire was throwing was hitting omar's gloves because he had that high guard defense for much of the fight. so i'm not surprised his connect % isn't that high, but he still landed much more than omar.
            True, I was there and everybody was pissed off. Actually, he was throwing a lot more because people were booing every round.... he actually went out of his way so we'd actually have some entertainment.
            True though, Donaire didn't do that much damage to Narvaez's face... I saw Narvaez walking around after the fight in his casual clothes and he looked fine with, just had some red marks on his face. He did have a guard up the whole fight and i'm surprised he threw because I couldn't see him throw anything most the time.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Did Omar Narvaez come to New York to win or survive against WBC/WBO bantamweight champion Nonito Donaire? He threw 24 punches per round and landed 6. The bantamweight average is 60 thrown per round. [Click Here To Read More]
              Regardless of whether he came to win or survive, he made Donaire look very ordinary. I don't think he came to lose, since he is a veteran unbeaten boxer. Unless this was his last fight-which I doubt. I think he was just unable to shine because, even with Donaire's lack of plan B, his size, reach, and power were too much for him to overcome. The acual score was much closer, since Donaire missed about 90% of his punches and Naervez was far ore accurate, and gave Donaire a well marked face.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                True, I was there and everybody was pissed off. Actually, he was throwing a lot more because people were booing every round.... he actually went out of his way so we'd actually have some entertainment.
                True though, Donaire didn't do that much damage to Narvaez's face... I saw Narvaez walking around after the fight in his casual clothes and he looked fine with, just had some red marks on his face. He did have a guard up the whole fight and i'm surprised he threw because I couldn't see him throw anything most the time.
                He landed-according to compubox, which is often favouring- 2 punches per round more, not very good for a #3-4 lb4lb'er,

Comment

Working...
                X