Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olusegun vs Garcia: How do you see it playing out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olusegun vs Garcia: How do you see it playing out?

Olusegun was the top 140 lb contender for a year or so and had a good amatuer background and went over 10 years undefeated.

If Garcia fights Ajose instead of Morales and Ajose fights Garcia instead of Mathysse, how do you see this fight playing out?

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    Olusegun was the top 140 lb contender for a year or so and had a good amatuer background and went over 10 years undefeated.

If Garcia fights Ajose instead of Morales and Ajose fights Garcia instead of Mathysse, how do you see this fight playing out?
    Ajose got hit a ton, he's got a hell of a chin though. Garcia would probably drop him once or twice and win a UD. Unless he's able to land that hook. It Would be a great fight though.

Comment

IMO, Olusegun's ability to move and box gave him a chance at earning a decision.

But just like Mathysse wobbled Olusegun, I think it's very possible for Garcia to do the same with his left hook thus earning him a possible stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
        Ajose got hit a ton, he's got a hell of a chin though. Garcia would probably drop him once or twice and win a UD. Unless he's able to land that hook. It Would be a great fight though.
        What I was thinking exactly.

It would be really interesting to see how Garcia does against his movement and possible ability to handle his power. Does he keep his head and stick to the game plan if he's down on the scorecards or does he get discouraged and lose it.

So many questions I want answered.

Comment

I actually think Olusegun might be a better fighter for the matthyse fight, he needed to learn a few lessons to get him to tighten up his game.

If Olusegun fought smart and used his movement to frustrate garcia and be constantly moving away from his left hook I think it would be an interesting fight

That left hook is lethal, but garcia needs to frame you to be able to land it, khan was constantly walking into it and morales was right in front of garcia all night.

Would be an interesting fight, the one I'd really like to see is garcia vs Bradley though,

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            I actually think Olusegun might be a better fighter for the matthyse fight, he needed to learn a few lessons to get him to tighten up his game.

If Olusegun fought smart and used his movement to frustrate garcia and be constantly moving away from his left hook I think it would be an interesting fight

That left hook is lethal, but garcia needs to frame you to be able to land it, khan was constantly walking into it and morales was right in front of garcia all night.

Would be an interesting fight, the one I'd really like to see is garcia vs Bradley though,
            That would be interesting. Who you got?

Comment

Olusegun ain't that good, I don't understand the hype. Is it an indirect way of hyping Matthysse?

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

Khan was doing a lot of exchanging. I'm not sure if Olusegun would be exchanging like that. It looks like he throws a lot of combo's and moves. I think his power is underrated due to his low KO ration also so I don't know how much of an affect his punches would've had on Garcia.

I think Olusegun would've felt Garcia's punches as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  Olusegun ain't that good, I don't understand the hype. Is it an indirect way of hyping Matthysse?
                  My understanding is he was the #1 JWW challenger for over a year. He called out Garcia after the Khan fight, instead Garcia chose to fight Morales

Comment

Working...
                  X