Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: Klitschko Does NOT Deserve Shot at WBA Title!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
    What are you on about.. Ortiz has lost his spot after the Ustinov fight fell through, he is fighting Scott for the vacant Intercontinental title so he cannot be sanctioned to fight for the vacant title as Browne is the regular WBA champ after Chagaev retired and Browne was reinstated.. Also Ortiz is fighting in Monte Carlo and headlining his own event, he is not on Joshua's undercard who initially was scheduled for Nov 26th.. Twisting facts to your needs ain't good.. With the turn of events that has happened over the last few months with WBA HW fighters.. Be glad they are sanctioning a fight atleast unlike WBO who did not sanction Wlad fighting for WBO title because they wanted to have 4 man tournament to crown the winner..
    He is NOT the WBA regular champion & never got his belt back after reinstated. He was scheduled to fight #4 oquendo for vacant regular belt but that was before Fury vacated. Maybe the Browne/Kitschko fight could be for regular belt.
    https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...2okH1kobxXk36Q
    Last edited by joe strong; 10-22-2016, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      You can bet the WBO contacted him about his WBO #2 ranking. His rematch clause was with Fury not the other ranked guys. Why is he not fighting Ortiz for the vacant belt on Dec 10? Ortiz has Scott next & then is scheduled for Dec 10 on Joshua undercard. Ortiz is the WBA #1 not Browne. It isn't being all girly, it's a fact that he is avoiding the top ranked guy in the WBA. If he needs a tune up by all means fight Browne but it shouldn't be for the vacant WBA belt. Neither Klitschko or Browne are ranked ahead of Ortiz. I don't see why they should fight for a vacant belt. Ustinov & Oquendo are both ranked higher then Browne.
      Ortiz refused to face Ustinov, his promotional issues got in the way of his ranking he has sacrificed his position for a new promoter and in the process lost out on a regular title shot to just fight for the interim, he has lost his mandatory position. Oquendo had a rematch to Chagaev owed right ? Chagaev has now retired saving us the repeat of the first fight, be grateful.

Ustinov I haven't the faintest what is happening with him, has he refused to face Wlad and Browne has been moved in ? I don't know the details so I will not comment, I'll leave that to guys like yourself to speculate on the injustices.

Comment

I cannot believe Boxrec for fight scheduled because they tend to have fights scheduled based on interim news. I'd rather Wlad-Ortiz than Wlad-Browne or even better to have WBA on the line with Wlad AJ on Dec 10.. It rests on WBA to make the decision.. All I want is to Wlad to fight for an earned title on Dec 10th AJ/Ortiz both are welcome..
        I was sepculating on a thread what if Hearn could pull a Brook move again and say if not AJ fight Ortiz, but Hearn didn't risk it..
        I totally want Wlad vs ortiz or Joshua but I don't think Browne should be eligible for a VACANT WBA belt without beating guys ahead of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
          Ortiz refused to face Ustinov, his promotional issues got in the way of his ranking he has sacrificed his position for a new promoter and in the process lost out on a regular title shot to just fight for the interim, he has lost his mandatory position. Oquendo had a rematch to Chagaev owed right ? Chagaev has now retired saving us the repeat of the first fight, be grateful.

Ustinov I haven't the faintest what is happening with him, has he refused to face Wlad and Browne has been moved in ? I don't know the details so I will not comment, I'll leave that to guys like yourself to speculate on the injustices.
          I have no idea what Ustinov is doing. He seems to be getting a raw deal whichever way he turns. He is the WBA #3 so you would think he would be in talks for a big WBA fight...

Comment

I totally want Wlad vs ortiz or Joshua but I don't think Browne should be eligible for a VACANT WBA belt without beating guys ahead of him.
            I don't think highly of neither Browne not Oquendo, but Wlad should be fighting for the Super title which is vacant and if that's Ortiz then good but if it's someone else so be it.. After all the things that has happened to the guy with injury and cancellation of rematch, he deserves to fight for the titles he lost not a worthless interim version.. The WBA were supposed to announce yesterday and I don't see any news published on their website..

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post

Ortiz did not lose his mando spot when he dropped out of Ustinov fight. Ustinov refused to agree to VADA drug testing so the fight fell through then Ortiz paid 1 million to get out of GBP. It's a mess but sounds like both were to blame on that fight falling through. I'm trying to find a link or story on it...it's he said/she said claims from both the Ortiz & Ustinov camps but the WBA stated VADA was a must for this fight to happen & Ustinov refused...
              Last edited by joe strong; 10-22-2016, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Ok.. here is what I have been explaining to people for the last 3 days, doing it again...

WBA title is achievable by fighting the #1 or #3 in both cases Ortiz is scheduled to fight Scott, and also has lost his mandatory WBA spot because the Ustinov fight fell through..
                WBO on the other hand announced a 4 man tournament and now they backed out of that and Paker and Ruiz are fighting for the title..
                Both of your claims of not fighting a top guy goes down the drain..
                Why should a guy in his 40s who wanted to reclaim his titles agree to get into a 4 man fight with WBO.. He still has WBA to fight for..
                Coming to Joshua, yeah if Hearn had been consistent about his claim from day 1 about WBA or WBO on the line as the condition then you guys wouldn't have said he missed out an opportunity.. By fighting For IBF, he will lose his ranking with WBA and WBO.. With WBO out of question Wlad stands to lose WBA. So whoever wins the WBA then he has to agree to have them unify after IBF..
                If Joshua is willing to fight in summer next year which I believe he is, then it can be a bigger fight with unification of titles.. So it's a smart move to get your lost belts.. All of this because the douchebag who was supposed to give the guy a rematch went mental...

P.S - if you think all along Hearn was being honest about his negotiations with Wlad and that WBA was the spanner, you need to go back and start looking at Hearn's interviews from the last 2-3 weeks.. There was always a clause or mention for other titles..
                If Wlad said yes to the 4 man tourney he would have fought Andy Ruiz & the winner would face Parker/Haye. He would of got the better end of the draw but would still have to go through Parker or Haye again to get the belt. So with no Wlad involved Parker/Ruiz was made & winner fights Haye. No matter where Wlad looks he may have to fight a top HW. Haye is a solid 227-230lbs HW now not the blown up CW he was 5 years ago. Parker is a young lion & so is Joshua. These guys can all punch & end it quickly. Fury is a awkward & a big tactician who uses faints, both stances, head movement, etc but he doesn't have big power. Ortiz looks to have big power & an ability to both box & brawl. Wilder is another guy who can't be forgotten. There is a pretty good landscape of HW threats to a 40 year old Klitschko. Fighting Browne just doesn't have the same luster...

Comment

I have no idea what Ustinov is doing. He seems to be getting a raw deal whichever way he turns. He is the WBA #3 so you would think he would be in talks for a big WBA fight...
                  I think Ustinov does not want something so he approached the end of his career.

Comment

Ortiz did not lose his mando spot when he dropped out of Ustinov fight. Ustinov refused to agree to VADA drug testing so the fight fell through then Ortiz paid 1 million to get out of GBP. It's a mess but sounds like both were to blame on that fight falling through. I'm trying to find a link or story on it...it's he said/she said claims from both the Ortiz & Ustinov camps but the WBA stated VADA was a must for this fight to happen & Ustinov refused...
                    So Ustinov refused testing and Ortiz has a guy lined up not sanctioned by the WBA ?

Comment

If Wlad said yes to the 4 man tourney he would have fought Andy Ruiz & the winner would face Parker/Haye. He would of got the better end of the draw but would still have to go through Parker or Haye again to get the belt. So with no Wlad involved Parker/Ruiz was made & winner fights Haye. No matter where Wlad looks he may have to fight a top HW. Haye is a solid 227-230lbs HW now not the blown up CW he was 5 years ago. Parker is a young lion & so is Joshua. These guys can all punch & end it quickly. Fury is a awkward & a big tactician who uses faints, both stances, head movement, etc but he doesn't have big power. Ortiz looks to have big power & an ability to both box & brawl. Wilder is another guy who can't be forgotten. There is a pretty good landscape of HW threats to a 40 year old Klitschko. Fighting Browne just doesn't have the same luster...
                      If Parker Ruiz was ordered a wbo semi fight off Parker would have withdrew and pursued Joshua through his mandatory crack. The four man fight off would have fallen flat on its face.

Why are taking issue with Klitschko pursuing the belt ?

Comment

Working...
                      X