No announcement yet.

Official Andy Lee vs. Peter Quillin Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Andy Lee vs. Peter Quillin Discussion thread

It's not getting a lot of press but I really like the Lee-Quillin match. I could see their two styles and the magnitude of the occasion making for dull action but who wins? I'm leaning toward Lee who I think can match Quillin's boxing skill with a lethal left to boot.

Thoughts?
    Lee by KO/TKO
    42.31%
    Lee by Decision
    9.62%
    Quillin by KO/TKO
    30.77%
    Quillin by Decision
    17.31%
    Draw
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Quillin doesn't handle pressure well

And lee won't pressure

Quillin via boring wide ud
    Last edited by jas; 04-06-2015, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
      Quillin doesn't handle pressure well

And lee won't pressure

Quillin via boring wide ud
      Yeah I agree but it'll be interesting to see if Quillin can avoid getting tagged while trying to come in. His defense is spotty at best.

Comment

I think Quillin wins a lackluster decision, but he looks more vulnerable by the fight and has been out of the ring a long time now.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this fight.

I got Lee by UD, he's got underrated skill.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
            I'm really looking forward to this fight.

I got Lee by UD, he's got underrated skill.
            I think Lee is underrated as well and this is a good platform to catapult his career if he wins impressively. Quillin has shown lots of improvement but I'm not convinced just yet.

Comment

Al wasn't going to make this fight if he didn't think that Quillin has all sorts of advantages. If this fight happened over a year ago, I would definitely favor Quillin and I probably still should, especially since he is on Al's "A team", and none of those guys have lost a fight since the first PBC card.

However, Lee has been looking pretty good, Quillin has been inactive, and there is a possibility for some karma occurring.

I'll be rooting for Lee like everyone should be.

Comment

Quillin going to win a wide-ish decision....

Lee's looked good recently because of his 2 KO's....but he wasn't looking good during those fights, especially the one before that against a French journeyman, and Quillin's just better. Unless Quillin just forgot how to box, he should win

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  I think Lee is underrated as well and this is a good platform to catapult his career if he wins impressively. Quillin has shown lots of improvement but I'm not convinced just yet.
                  Does he? He barely beat some random guy a year ago and was getting his ass handed to him by Korobov before he landed a good punch. Lets not forget his chinny ways

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Does he? He barely beat some random guy a year ago and was getting his ass handed to him by Korobov before he landed a good punch. Lets not forget his chinny ways
                    True but is Quillin really that much better??

Comment

Working...
                    X