Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How has this weekend changed your perception of one D Dub?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a big Wilder fan, and I was really rooting for him. I will admit, I had some serious doubts about his chin and boxing ability. He stayed composed, boxed great and certainly showed he can take a punch. I was very impressed. He's gotten better and will continue to improve. I'm excited for the future.

Comment

I was impressed. Saw more out of him than I expected if he was to win. Stamina or pacing of stamina, sticking to the game plan all 12 rounds, what I mean to say is, he never got high on his success and ****** back to susceptibility of a counter punch. He has a chin. Needs some more top 5 contender fights before Klitschko, but he's legit.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
        I'm a big Wilder fan, and I was really rooting for him. I will admit, I had some serious doubts about his chin and boxing ability. He stayed composed, boxed great and certainly showed he can take a punch. I was very impressed. He's gotten better and will continue to improve. I'm excited for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by B0XEO View Post

Comment

Up until a year and a half ago I said he was a disaster, because he was. He's developed as a fighter and while he still has serious issues, I've been giving him credit for a while now. He may not be much but he's the 2nd best heavy in the world. Albeit, a far distant 2nd.

Comment

I'd given him credit based on medalling at the Olympics, any Olympic athlete deserves respect. Regarding pro career, yes he would have been better served to move away from the easier competition early, but it's all served him to get the notice needed to get a title shot, and win it. How much he's been able to decide who he fights is unknown too...

Comment

Better boxer than I thought albeit far from elite, maybe less power than initially imagined.
                Last edited by Weebler I; 01-21-2015, 05:56 AM.

Comment

He's good enough to beat most opponents that are far smaller than him. Steverne is small and was too fat, to trouble Wilder.

But Wilder is good, and legit champ, and should be able to beat most HWs, but once he fights Kiltchikos, Shuan, or Fury, ppl the same size as him, it will be interesting.

I think one these fights might come off, but the age of all the HWs meeting each other is over. Fury Wilder should happen though.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
                    I still have questions about his chin. Didn't think he took that many solid shots and the couple he did seemed to have an effect on him.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      I still have questions about his chin. Didn't think he took that many solid shots and the couple he did seemed to have an effect on him.
                      really?? he got hit with some bombs doe.............

Comment

Working...
                      X