No announcement yet.

Why are people bashing Bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m00ks View Post
    There's some merit in that argument. But what you're essentially saying is that if Pacquiao doesn't press the action, there wouldn't BE any action which sucks specially after all that talk Bradley did.

Challenger is suppose to take it to the champ. You take his title. So if the champ was idle for most of the round, the hell was the challenger doing? Bradley got a taste and wanted no part of it which explains why the late rounds lacked any drama.
    That's basically what I've been saying.

You can see that the expectations to be impressive for Pacquiao in every fight is just too damned much. Sadly, in this Bradley fight Pacquiao chose not to chase Bradley and go for the KO. The very reason, partly, why he became this big -- not letting the judges decide the outcome of the fight. Perhaps the Marquez fight made him very cautious in this fight and thought, "**** the entertaining".

But this not Marquez, this is Bradley. Pac could have done more just as Bradley should have.

Comment

Originally posted by m00ks View Post
      There's some merit in that argument. But what you're essentially saying is that if Pacquiao doesn't press the action, there wouldn't BE any action which sucks specially after all that talk Bradley did.

Challenger is suppose to take it to the champ. You take his title. So if the champ was idle for most of the round, the hell was the challenger doing? Bradley got a taste and wanted no part of it which explains why the late rounds lacked any drama.
      Thats actually not was Im essentially saying, what I said is what I was essentially saying... If anyone pressed the action it was Bradley. Dude did the best he could do, and he didnt run. Khan vs Peterson was running.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
        Thats actually not was Im essentially saying, what I said is what I was essentially saying... If anyone pressed the action it was Bradley. Dude did the best he could do, and he didnt run. Khan vs Peterson was running.
        WHo did you have winning the fight. Just curious. I had pac 11-1 fihgt night (under influence) and 8-4 on rewatch (sober, watched last 3 rounds closer).

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          WHo did you have winning the fight. Just curious. I had pac 11-1 fihgt night (under influence) and 8-4 on rewatch (sober, watched last 3 rounds closer).
          11-1. Damn Dunn you was hammered,lol. Pacman won. I had it 7-5. I haven't re watched it yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            I had pac winning a somewhat close, competitive fight, but clearly thought Pac won.

Comment

Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post
              Bradley lost 90% of the exchanges, and was bouncing around like a drug addict in a rave party when he got hit with a 3-4 punch combo..
              Thats why he injured his ankle, it happened during the fight, he did not enter the ring with that injury, that makes a huge difference.
              But i agree with the thread starter, Bradley shouldn't be blamed, Arum & the point judges should get all the hate, they deserve it.
              It seems like Pacquiao is going to retire soon, Arum wants to milk his cash cow dry before this happens.
              If the fight happened 2 years ago, the scorecoards would have been 3x 120-108 in favor of Pac.
              As a Mayweather fan i'm glad he left Top Rank, proves that Floyd is smart outside the ring too, can't say the same thing about Manny.
              Personally I thought Bradley lost the fight, but to be criticized by so called "fans" for trying to win the biggest fight of his career considering the feet issues is pretty lame. Manny half assed it, got tired and let Bradley get off in spots and to me that means one of three things...

He quit juicing, and because of it the explosive power and super human stamina is now gone.

or

Arum and Pacquiao had this planned all along, and made big money at the bookie while managing to duck Floyd Mayweather Jr once and for all.

or

Arum got tired of Manny's **** behind closed doors, and is sending him a clear message.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                That's basically what I've been saying.

You can see that the expectations to be impressive for Pacquiao in every fight is just too damned much. Sadly, in this Bradley fight Pacquiao chose not to chase Bradley and go for the KO. The very reason, partly, why he became this big -- not letting the judges decide the outcome of the fight. Perhaps the Marquez fight made him very cautious in this fight and thought, "**** the entertaining".

But this not Marquez, this is Bradley. Pac could have done more just as Bradley should have.
                Meh, I mean he kept attacking but yeah I guess he doesn't have the same hunger as when he was younger which is expected. When you think you're up by a pretty comfortable margin, you don't have the same sense of urgency, it's only normal.

Either way, I miss the good ol' Pac toe to toe scraps. Morales was awesome, Margarito was fun, Cotto till he also started backing up, Marquez in some spurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Alibata View Post
                  Who is bashing bradley? I like the guy and would give him all the praise and be on his bandwagon had he won legitimately.. The only gripe I have is that he shouldn't be talkin like he is genuinely the champ.. He would come across a lot better if he acted as if he lost and still had something to prove.. This bogus decision will give Tim another chance and until then he should not be too ****y about his gift win.
                  Did Manny act like he lost to Marquez (III)? He behaved the same way Timmy did and you still like him, right? Didn't Timmy say immediately after the fight that they can set this straight w a Nov rematch?? You want him to say I lost, oh man, I shouldn't have taken Pacmans belts?? He is a winner and doesn't know how to lose, F it he got the decision why shoot your own foot for someone else mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                    I had higher hopes of Manny fighting more than 45 seconds a round.

If you understand the simple concept of cutting the ring off, there shouldnt be chasing going on, and Bradley didnt run anyway.
                    I tried to give you green K, but apparently I need to spread the love to other people first!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      11-1. Damn Dunn you was hammered,lol. Pacman won. I had it 7-5. I haven't re watched it yet though.
                      Bush in all honesty I wasn't really checking 11 and 12 because I was thinking Bradley needs a KO to win and there was no way in hell I thought he was getting it.

Comment

Working...
                      X