Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Lomachenko the most exciting fighter to watch on Saturday?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Lomachenko the most exciting fighter to watch on Saturday?

I think so, coming in second was Cayatano sadly lol. As a boxing fan I was dissappointed in how mundane the superbowl of boxing turned out to be.

But anyways back to Lomachenko, this guy has really caught my attention. Ive seen him before and thought he was very talented but now Im beginning to think he has p4p potential. Personally the way he boxes and makes guys miss in the pocket with his footwork and faints is very impressive. Everyone has their own opinion as to what footwork really is but imo if boxers are going to move they need to take notes from him. He's not moving ring post to ring post pot shoting he makes you miss with angles in the center of the ring boxing in circles.

Yes and to be honest, Loma looked like a young version of Manny in there. It seems he got Manny to hold a basketball or boxing glove and took all his talent.

Comment

Easily.....

Comment

It was a showcase, Ofcourse he was the most exciting fighter

He wasnt in there with the talent of the main event. They gave him a punching bag to beat on to get exposure

Comment

Originally posted by MrP4P View Post
          It was a showcase, Ofcourse he was the most exciting fighter

He wasnt in there with the talent of the main event. They gave him a punching bag to beat on to get exposure
          I agree but he has beaten all his opponents in the same fashion even more talented boxers. I agree his opponent was there to be hit but he came to fight and just didnt lay down...

Comment

Yes he was, and it was against his number 1 contender too. Lomachenko is the truth, the future. He is an absolute phenom to watch and behold. I like seeing him becoming more used to the pro game, and giving back a blatant low blow for all the ones he was getting. He's learning and soon enough, he will start to sit down more on his precision counters and combinations. He still does the 'out-poit' style, but is finally transitioning to hurting opponents often. He will be a draw in MSG soon enough.

Comment

Yes. And it is funny that it seems the fans are being portioned into three different groups - those who are enjoying his fights and seeing the future P4P King, those that are complaining he is fighting soft competition even though it is his 5th fight and this opponent is miles better than anyone would usually fight at this stage, and the final group who think he needs more time before facing guys like Walters...

Just appreciate the greatness that is growing in front of our very eyes - and at a perfect time too - just as we see the twilight of the careers of two greats in Floyd and Manny, we see the next super-talent getting better with each passing fight.

We need to remember also that Loma could potentially get one of the greatest resumes we have seen considering he has been having title fights since his 2nd pro fight - he is already at 3, and considering he could go on for 10 years and maybe be undefeated in that time or in any case safely say he will be fighting in title fights throughout this time, let's say he fights 3 times a year on average, that could be 33 title fights, possibly across multiple divisions.

As long as Loma can continue developing into a pro style, sit down on his punches more and basically string everything together, he is capable of absolutely anything and we could have an ATG on our hands.

I'm biased and all, and it could be way too early to make predictions, but it will be interesting to look back at posts like these in 5-10 years and see how right or wrong we were.

Comment

lomo is a beast!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

definitely...

Comment

Better than watching boreweather or sleepweather what ever condition you get when you watch him . Yahoo sports had it 115 to 113 pathetic against a one arm wash up Pacquaio

Comment

Working...
                    X