Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Raymundo Beltran Tops Ji-Hoon Kim; Both Fighters Dropped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was a surprise when Beltran told Freddie Roach that his hand was broken when he was in his corner.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Kim showed what it is to be a warrior. Sadly, he knows next to nothing about boxing.
      yea you're right warrior is the word, boxer was the wrong word

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
        I have seen plenty worse as I am sure we all have.
        He's been on ESPN 2 several other times and eats a whoooole lot of leather. I think Teddy is sincerely concerned with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
          He's been on ESPN 2 several other times and eats a whoooole lot of leather. I think Teddy is sincerely concerned with him.
          I believe the body shots were taking more out of Kim than the head shots. Kim also wasn't in over his head. It was also a pretty competitive fight and I personally don't believe that Kim was getting anywhere near as dominated as Atlas made it sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
            Yeah, a lot of fans lap up that blood n' guts shit, but the fighter and his loved ones are left to deal with the consequences of his ring wars. People can say what they will about Teddy, but he's been in the fight game a long time. He knows fighters and their concerns.

Comment

I believe the body shots were taking more out of Kim than the head shots. Kim also wasn't in over his head. It was also a pretty competitive fight and I personally don't believe that Kim was getting anywhere near as dominated as Atlas made it sound.
              I believe you're right about the body shots, but I thought Kim was being dominated. He was getting tagged at will and landing few good shots of his own. There were at least two times in the early rounds where he was on his way out. Beltran just didn't have what it took to close the show. Kim's sheer will and toughness allowed him to hang in there 'til the end. An impressive feat indeed, considering the punishment he took.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                I believe you're right about the body shots, but I thought Kim was being dominated. He was getting tagged at will and landing few good shots of his own. There were at least two times in the early rounds where he was on his way out. Beltran just didn't have what it took to close the show. Kim's sheer will and toughness allowed him to hang in there 'til the end. An impressive feat indeed, considering the punishment he took.
                Don't get me wrong I thought Kim lost the fight. However, in my opinion there were plenty of close rounds. Because Beltran seemed to take the first two minutes off and come on in the last minute. And regardless of how many times Beltran turned his head Kim was still tagging him. I also never once said to myself, "wow, Kim is really taking a beating and this fight should be stopped." I just never had that feeling in my gut that the fight should have been stopped, and I have had that feeling plenty of times. Kim is also obviously a tad unpolished and awkward and I believe that fact helped to make it look like he was taking more than he actually was. With that said and in fairness to Teddy. I am not particularly fond of him and therefore I am admittedly pretty biased in my opinion of him and what he says.

Comment

Good fight! Betran should fight someone in the top 10 rank for the vacant WBA title or fight Ricky Burns. He has a better chance winning against Burns than the other titleholders.. Also Kim needs a better trainer, this is a job for Robert Garcia!

Comment

kim is always a good fight to watch
                    beltran is better than we think he will keep wining

Comment

Why was Atlas saying over and over again that Kim should be forced to take a break and get a cat scan???? Other than listening to Teddy's nonsense I thought that it was actually a pretty entertaining fight. As far as Atlas is concerned I guess he has gone from the bizarre comments like taking people into bad neighborhoods to now thinking he has to tell a commission how to do their job.
                      You never seen Kim fight before? He takes a lot of punishment makes you wonder how good his health is.. Atlas likes him a lot always tries to put him in the ring with prospect because Kim can and has pull upsets. To bad Kim never had a good trainer could have been a very good fighter

Comment

Working...
                      X