No announcement yet.

Donaire-Rigondeaux Full of Promise

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    What concerns me most isn't Donaire's power, it's whether Rigo can clearly outpoint him. Robberies are commonplace in boxing. To give the "fair-haired child" a close decision is almost a given.
    You're right bro and that's the sad thing about this sport. I can totally see rigo being robbed. No question in my mind that rigo can outbox him I just wanna see how he reacts to a clean punch by donaire. It's either donaire by KO or rigo by decision. Either way I'm pumped!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Meanrighthook29 View Post
      You're right bro and that's the sad thing about this sport. I can totally see rigo being robbed. No question in my mind that rigo can outbox him I just wanna see how he reacts to a clean punch by donaire. It's either donaire by KO or rigo by decision. Either way I'm pumped!! lol
      I think Donaire's proven he can end a fight very abruptly. If he catches Rigo hard and flush, it might be over right then and there. I just don't think that's going to happen. I expect "El Chacal" to be razor-sharp. And it's not like Nonito has a 100% KO percentage, even against lesser fighters than Guillermo.

Comment

The undercard is a disgrace. I might not bother watching those fights if they were on FNF. But, whatcha gonna do? Donaire-Rigondeaux is too much for me to pass up.
        I went to the gamboa solis fight and it had a very decent undercard and noone showed up until the last 2 fights anyway

Comment

These are 2 highly skilled fighters, I don't mind chess matches at this level.

Comment

Can't speak for Ward, but Ioka and Nishioka didn't generate nearly the kind of interest Nono-Rigo has. It's not for nothing that a sports journalist from ESPN has written a piece about the anticipation for this fight.
            American Boxing doesn't equate to all of boxing. Look at the importance of Ioka vs Yaegashi in comparison to this. This is just about names and fighter of the year vs great amateur.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
              I think so too. Hopefully not as bad as Bradley/Alexander. My God, that was a stinker.
              Better than Mayweather vs DLH I am sure

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                While it is one of the "biggest fights" in a while, i think its going to be a big let down action wise

i hope donaire doesn't walk to his corner again telling his coach he's bored

Comment

I don't think this fight's gonna be one of those back and forth "wars". It's either gonna be a flash KO win for Donaire or a one-sided decision for Rigo. As soon as Rigo gets hit with a decent left, he won't be able to fire back.

I'm still predicting a KO for Donaire. Would give Rigondeaux respect if he gets up from the first KD.

Comment

This is the fight I'm probably most exited about like most true boxing fans, the thing is that rigo is mainly a counter puncher he can lead good but does it way too little IMO, he won't beat donaire mainly waiting, donaire will chase him swinging haymakers and will impress the judges, donaire isn't and inside pressure fighter his pressure consists of cutting off the ring and leading so he may get counterd enough to lose some rds but over All I think donaire wins. This might even be a case where although rigo has power it will be the type of power that at this level won't bother rigo.

Comment

What concerns me most isn't Donaire's power, it's whether Rigo can clearly outpoint him. Robberies are commonplace in boxing. To give the "fair-haired child" a close decision is almost a given.
                      That is a very valid concern that you seldom hear from Rigo fans. Unlike Donaire who will press the action when needed, Rigo tends to just wait and counter. He is very comfortable waiting and reacting. The downside with this is your work rate is low and if the round is very close and if nothing significant happens, the judges are more likely to give it to the aggressor. That's something to consider before crying robbery. Rigo is slick and I won't be surprise if the match ends up in a decision. I feel it's unfair that Donaire will only get credit if he KO's Rigo coz a decision is a robbery.

Comment

Working...
                      X