No announcement yet.

most effective way to counter opposite rear punch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• most effective way to counter opposite rear punch

In your opinion whats the most effective way to counter the sp/orth cross?
    As a southpaw myself a lot and as a spar better people the threat of them also coming with their cross or overhand has been making me think about it.
    Everyone says tons of ways to counter/avoid it but what's is the most easiest and effecient?

Also can anyone post any video of fights I can see the southpaw or orth being countered/avoided? Actually seeing it done could also help a lot

Its going to be different for everybody. There are alot of factors into what would make it the easiest/fastest etc....

When fighting another southpaw, if he telegraphs it, snap that jab out there or even double it up every time he thinks about throwing it. (if you're faster, have good reflexes, etc)
    Last edited by DIB42; 01-08-2013, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Well if you're both in the same stance, the most effective is the cross counter, but very few have the timing to pull it off properly. Watch some Arguello fights.

Comment

I'm horrible when it comes to southpaw vs. orthodox situations. But if you are both in the same stance you can slip his rear hand to the outside and counter with a rear hand of your own to the body.

Comment

i came to know about the boxing steps...

Comment

from a southpaw stance if someone in orthadox was trying to land a straight right i would try to slip to the outside while throwing a short right hook. if you slip to the outside without throwing a short hook or if they block the hook throw a straight left hand while returning from the slipped position while keeping in mind of there left hook.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvr2q_6zvKg

this is another good counter

Comment

Working...
              X