Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Danny Garcia and his father be the next Boricua Supertars??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
    Danny just doesn't have the skill or the appeal to do so. But it definitely doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Danny was born over here. The Polish go hard on supporting Polish fighters that never stepped foot outside of New Jersey or Chicago lol that doesn't make the fighter any less "polish", i don't hear anybody b!tchin then. Or Arab-African immigrant-descendant fighters from the UK.

PuertoRicans don't give a f**k about what a white boy or a mexican behind a computer has to say about who is and who isn't a PuertoRican superstar lol
    I don't know man...Talking to Mexicans from Mexico, and Puerto Ricans from Puerto Rico it is not the same if the guy was born in America and essentially a Chicano or someone of Puerto Rican descent but born and raised in NY...

The culture is just different when you are not born and raised in your native land...

What Im trying to say is that no Polak in Poland gives a **** about some Polish-American in NJ.....there might be some interest but that is it...You are talking about Polish-American fans.

Just how Mexicans in Mexico swear off any connections with Chicanos (or at least the Mexicans I know).

Your Cuban man, I've been to Cuba four times.....spoke to people on the subject and they always say "unless you were raised on this Island, you are not really a Cuban"

So maybe native Puerto Ricans wont give a **** about Danny...
    Last edited by Banderivets; 07-15-2012, 12:40 PM.

Comment

How do you know he doesn't have Black in him? lol u an anthropology expert?

I know dudes in Hialeah who look even lighter than Danny with lighter hair who's grandfathers and grandmothers look like Wesley Snipes lol, gtfo out with that s**t....i'm not even gonna address the n***a-dropping in his raps...
      Nah man I couldnt give a **** what he is really...I just dont get why he has to bring it up......its like white boys in America bringing up their Cherokee roots to come across as cool.

he said it because he has the make-up of what u consider a pretty boy, like he himself mentioned in the interview...which carries the notion that he's soft, withheld, can't fight, etc....had nothing to do with race
      People really think that way still? I thought Ali and DLH busted that myth long time ago...

Comment

the Mayweathers, Broner, Garcia's dad, the bad decisions, the ppv prices, the best fights not being made, Garcia's dad and Broner

man, boxing sucks major ass right now

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
          I don't know man...Talking to Mexicans from Mexico, and Puerto Ricans from Puerto Rico it is not the same if the guy was born in America and essentially a Chicano or someone of Puerto Rican descent but born and raised in NY...

The culture is just different when you are not born and raised in your native land...

What Im trying to say is that no Polak in Poland gives a **** about some Polish-American in NJ.....there might be some interest but that is it...

Just how Mexicans in Mexico swear off any connections with Chicanos (or at least the Mexicans I know).

It is the same thing with Italians...I have Italian friends from Italy and they always have to stress how they are real Italians when they come to visit in Canada.

Like me......hey my kids will at the end of the day be Canadians of Ukrainian descent......They can never call themselves Ukrainians unless they were raised there...

Your Cuban man, I've been to Cuba four times.....spoke to people on the subject and they always say "unless you were raised on this Island, you are not really a Cuban"

You're gonna have people who are uneducated who make dumb ass comments like that all the time. These are usually the same people who are quick to claim one as their "own" as soon as they achieve some level of success. I came here from Cuba when I was 7, speak fluent spanish, and if u stick me in a corner somewhere in Guanabacoa or Havana you wouldn't be able to tell who and who wasn't raised there unless I told you.

Granted, being raised on the islands (or even having a presence there) will always help your popularity because it'll make it easier for the people to identify with you.

If Danny wants to go that route with his career, so be it. He won't need to though, there are plenty of Puerto Ricans and Latinos in general over here in the states and abroad that are willing to support him and watch him fight, regardless of where he lives and where he was raised. You are talking to one of them.

Comment

With all that said, as far as the next real National Superstar is concerned, I think Thomas Dulorme is being groomed as such and has been for quite a long time.

Doesn't have the resume or the exposure yet, but he's definitely more talented and polished than Garcia, with a higher ceiling.

He was also raised in Puerto Rico, can't speak a lick of english, and is the cream of the crop as far as prospects from the island are concerned.

Comment

Danny just doesn't have the skill or the appeal to do so. But it definitely doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Danny was born over here. The Polish go hard on supporting Polish fighters that never stepped foot outside of New Jersey or Chicago lol that doesn't make the fighter any less "polish", i don't hear anybody b!tchin then. Or Arab-African immigrant-descendant fighters from the UK.

PuertoRicans don't give a f**k about what a white boy or a mexican behind a computer has to say about who is and who isn't a PuertoRican superstar lol

The kid was humble enough to ground himself & thank his family, "American" City and rep his roots in the biggest interview of his career after fighting like a warrior. Hats off to him.
              Your a ****in hater man **** you!

Comment

The whole is-he-Puerto-Rican-or-not thing?

Don't care.

Can he be a superstar? Maybe, but I think he's got a tough row to hoe at 140.

He beat a boxer who tried to brawl last night. When he starts fighting guys are more suited to that kinda' fight how is he gonna' do?

At 140 you have :

Lamont Peterson

Lucas Mattyse

Josecito Lopez

Brandon Rios

Marcos Maidana

Ruslan Prodnikov

Those are a pile of tough brawlers, boxer/punchers with a **** ton of heart.

Not to mention the obvious: Juan Manuel Marquez.

I'm not doggin' Garcia and really enjoyed his win last night, but I'm not convinced.

Tell you what though there are alot of great fights that could be made at 140 if the promoters can get their **** together.

Comment

The man def has heart, As far as him being boriqua. He def is look at how he was raised. Im sure he was eating spanish food, his mom is name maudi, his dad is boriqua to da fullest. He needs to be on the undercard of a cotto fight so he can get the exposure. As far him sayin the n word in raps. Where he is from instead of sayin hey dude or hey whatsup man. They say ***** not ****** its a difference. People shouldnt comment on what they dont know. Im still not sold on him yet as boxer but he def a warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    This, too. Kid is an American, doesn't speak Spanish, and despite his "my Puerto Rican people" claims, I highly doubt anybody on that island considers him one of their own.
                    I guess he's the Nonito Donaire of PR

Comment

puerto rico is a part of america dummies.

Comment

Working...
                      X